Digitakt & Ipad

Does anybody knows if this thing here can be used as an external USB input, in order to connect my Ipad Pro 11" to a Digitakt?

1 Like

Ya iPad Pro uses usb c right? I have iPad Mini 4 and I use a lightning to USB B type connector (big end goes into the DT obviously) so the DT can then sequence any music apps on the iPad that support midi input. If you have a single B type to usb c you can just try that without the hub. Either way you have to connect the DT to the iPad either directly or through a hub.

I have not tried the other way around where iPad controls anything on the DT though. Something I was thinking about was using the iPad as a giant XY controller pad that can control any of the DT midi CCs like filter or loop position :smile_cat: would be mad fun. Hope this helps a little bit. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

One tip. If you host all your apps inside AudioBus, then you can save the session. Give it the same name as your Digitakt pattern and you can load the whole lot in one go.

Bonus: AudioBus sessions (aka presets) can be loaded using MIDI.

3 Likes

Did not know Audiobus! Looks great, thank you!

By the way, I bought the usb-c hub and it works perfectly!

1 Like

Thinking about changing my setup from Akai Force to Digitakt + IPad and maybe 1 hw synth.
I have a few questions:

• do I connect the Digitakt and IPad via lightning cable for both audio and midi or just for midi?
  • Does the Digitakt usb out carry any audio?
  • Digitakt question: how is the reverb?

propeller head thor is good, also Mi rack, eurorack for ipad is unreal

This is handy single cable connectivity to DN/DT if you want to avoid CCK

Does it work well? I hate the bulk of the CCK, but hear about lots of trouble using 3rd party solutions for iOS usb interfacing.

1 Like

Works fine for me. Just used with DT so far but no issues.

is the iOS device charging with this cable?

It isn’t

1 Like

Hello !

I have a problem using my ipad with Digitakt. When working in AUM, i can connect everything all right, i hear the digitakt and the apps from ipad.

But

1 - when i try to sequence the ipad apps inside Digitakt, the sound goes on and off.

2- When i want to sample an app in digitakt, it works, but the sound is not good at all.

Since i watched vids on youtube where it seems to work, i was wondering if i missed something ?

my Digitakt config is as follow :

SYNC : i checked Clock receive / Clocksend / tr receive / tr send /prog change send ( reason being : i also play the OT2 connected to digitakt )

PORT MIDI : out port func : midi
Thru port func : Midi
Input fom : midi + usb
output : midi + usb
output channel : Auto ch
Param output : cc
encoder dest : int
trig key dest : Int
mute dest : It
receive notes : yes
receive cc : Yes

channel : auto ch : 11
pro cha in change : auto
prog chan out : 10

I hope this short note finds you well and in good spirits !