Digitakt II Feature Requests

An option for auto-normalize : resampling can’t work properly without having to change levels.
Would be also nice for transitions. Saving would be faster !

An option for GRID auto-zero- crossing snap : it can change wavetables tuning, change the groove of a loop with linear locks, create gaps…

An option to quantize to pattern length, using same page.
R.START = Pattern Length
Use Arm to decide when recording. Now you can record a perfect loop with fx tails, or a more stable clock while recording external synced gear…

As is it is difficult to use it live, and auto-normalise doesn’t help !

A way to pre-assign a recording so that it can be played as soon as it is recorded. Or a rec buffer slot ?

Possibility to record mono files and more recording input source L/R options.

30 Likes

I would also agree with optional normalization bypass for sampling / resampling.

8 Likes

Control machines for the effects. In my opinion it’s the biggest thing holding the Digitakt and Digitone back from perfection

Edit: also would looove neighbor tracks with some fx machines.

12 Likes

zoom on smpl page pls to set start and end points precisely

27 Likes

Polyphony! Allow us to allocate (for example) four tracks to a single poly machine

42 Likes

Retrig or different trig types on midi tracks.

11 Likes

I recognize that some people have had this for a little while now, but you have to admit that its pretty funny that a feature request thread is popping up one day after the official announcement :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, good ideas in here so far

13 Likes

Silver faceplate model please.

4 Likes

Trig skip

6 Likes

My only request is for Crossfade Looping!

It’s 2024, loops shouldn’t have to click (unless it’s intentional!)

Oh… a better sample editor… guess that’s two requests

40 Likes

Direct jump pattern change. I realize there isn’t a UI affordance like on the AR/A4 but I’d be happy if this was at least an option in settings.

6 Likes

User/custom microtunable scales

6 Likes

Polyphony track merge.

9 Likes

Does DTII have mute groups? Literally the only feature I wanted added to the OG…

5 Likes

Plus… now you’ve got 16 tracks you really need solo!

17 Likes

dude… just get more fingers

7 Likes

Hmmm. I know you’re kidding but you’re writing and you want to work on a single part quickly, and then compare with the rest. You have to hit 15 keys every time so… really? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no i am actually in full agreement with you. solo would be a huge help

4 Likes

DT2 should be able to read, process, and play Wavetable files using a new engine.

From a technical standpoint, we can already partially achieve this due to the large memory: We break down a Wavetable into many samples, which we lay out side by side. Then we load the first sample. Using an LFO (or whatever else), we can now navigate through the sample bank.

10 Likes

Track naming?
Did they implement it on the DT2?

2 Likes