Introducing Digitakt II

Yes, even with a dedicated button - lower left corner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

May I kindly ask this again to someone with the unit in hands reach?

1 Like

Yes!

7 Likes

That’s a great idea!

Mods: will there be an extra DT2 feature request thread or should the DT one be used?

3 Likes

Has the shortcut for turning the metronome on/off been nixed? Can’t find it, in the manual or the unit.

1 Like
2 Likes

Playing around with filters, retrigs, trig conditions, stereo noise, LFOs, FX, OD, BRR, SRR, werp loop etc.
16 steps only.

Recorded via USB audio.

14 Likes

Good Drexciyan vibe

1 Like

In non-technical terms, it’s a natural effect from overlapping the signal with the delayed version of itself (i.e. comb filtering). The end result is quite similar to what happens with hard sync, where the waveform restarts before the end of its natural cycle due to being synced by another oscillator, resulting in the output signal having almost like a second copy of the waveform mixed into it. Both methods are useful for modeling this classic guitar feedback-style sound.

7 Likes

No it also works by just changing the velocities of the steps on the TRIG page :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you just have it connected via USB to the OP-1F, for bi-directional MIDI?

If so would it work to also send MIDI via the 5-PIN to other devices at the same time?

Yes, the stretched samples can also be played chromatically via the keyboard.

4 Likes

I strongly suspect this is Ricky Tinez influence (thanks Ricky!) as by my calculations he averages a mention of 16 levels every 3rd or 4th video. Never had an MPC so I’m stoked to try it out!

2 Likes

There is no shortcut anymore. We moved the metronome parameters under the Tempo section now (you know, the button with a metronome icon on it :sweat_smile: ) so basically it’s now a matter of pressing that button and turning knob E to toggle it ON/OFF. We felt it was easy and fast enough to have it that way.

16 Likes

Such a break with tradition :sweat_smile: it’s two button presses and a twist vs. one (combo) press.

(I know this is not the place for a petition. I’ll formulate one somewhere else)

3 Likes

As an OT Mk II owner I think I’ll wait until the Mk III comes out as part of this new platform. I don’t think they’ll bridge the features gap between DT Mk II and OT as a result

4 Likes

Exactly, one USB cable is enough. You might need a small adaptor, if you don’t have a usb-b to usb-c cable though.

I can’t answer second question, as I don’t have any synths with 5-PIN midi anymore, but I guess it would work, as there are options to configure on which outputs midi information is sent on the DTII.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure they will step on the OTs toes though.

Nice track! And a good example that 16 steps can take you far with trig conditions, albeit I see that break beat people may have a good use of the 128 steps without having to compromise on tricks like halving the tempo to have double as many steps for long phrases or chaining patterns :+1:t3:

3 Likes

You should be able to sample inputs without sending inputs to Main, to avoid feedback.

5 Likes