Digitakt doesn´t work anymore after new OS

I was so crazy after to install the new OS because of the Songmode. Now I guess I rather should leave it as it was. I downloaded all the new versions of Overbridge and aswell Transfer. They didint connect with my digitakt. I was pissed of once in the past weeks and nearly wanted to sell my device …than I fixed the Problem however.

Now I stand infront the same problem. I have to say that Elektron should do better homeworks in this case . USB and connection through that system should be a piece of cake nowadays. Yesterday I wanted to throw digitakt through the closed window.

I love this device because it grooves …But I have no pacient.
My last hope is that someone can help me through this forum.
I have a lot of devices and they are all worjing fine. So its not my computer .The cause is this device that doesn´t work.
This thing is driving me nuts

Maybe the USB connection settings in your Digitakt have been reset to Oberbridge or something

1 Like

Which method of updating the firmware did you use (i.e. was the DT booted up or in startup mode)

What exactly happened when you sent the latest firmware to your DT using Transfer ?

Were you able to connect to it on Transfer before the firmware was dropped on it ?

What happened on the DT, did you get the confirmation Yes/No dialogue to update(or not) the DT ?

What was presented on Transfer after you pressed [YES] on DT ?

Did the device update automatically or ask that you reboot it ?

It is, it’s automated, hard to go wrong unless the device was interrupted

Which computer operating system do you use ?

Were other Programs/devices communicating with the DT ?

Details, details !!

2 Likes

That makes no difference if using Transfer, it finds the device, if available on USB

Try the following:

1. Disconnect all USB devices from your computer, especially the Digitakt.

2. Uninstall Overbridge with the supplied uninstaller of the latest version -> Reboot

3. Go to the Device Manager and show hidden devices (View -> Show hidden devices) and delete all your (virtual) Digitakts (example below is with A4, but you get the point)

-> Reboot

4. Install latest version of Overbridge (check the version, it should be 2.1.4.4) -> Reboot

5. Connect your Digitakt and check if it’s set to USB mode and startup Transfer to see if you can connect with it.

1 Like

That’s a killer update, indeed.

1 Like

thank you for your reply…I have setted it to overbridge like before . Is this not correct? I use it in Ableton and need the vst for it …

Will try that …Thank You :blush:

“That makes no difference if using Transfer, it finds the device, if available on USB”

in my experience it does actually. I had to change my usb settings from overbridge to usb midi/audio for transfer to recognise my digitone when updating the other day.
Mac transfer wouldn’t recognize the Digitone until I did that.

4 Likes

Now I disconnected Digitakt from the Elektron USB Hub and connected it directly with the PC. Now Transfer works …Overbridge doesn´t connect .
I was able to set the midi in and Outputs in Overbridge …But anyway it doesn´t connect. I turned Overbridge off in the digitakt and setted it to USB Midi … Wasn´t that successful.

But how I mentioned ,Transfer is able to send datas . So I will deinstall Overbridge and retry installing it . The versions of the devices are all the lateste … Downloaded yesterday from the site

I did the OS update via Transfer…

Transfer does only connect in Midi Mode ( digitakt)
Overbridge recognizes only in Midi Mode ( Digitakt). When I swith to Overbridge all connections stalls.
I have no clue …In the Device Manager is all fine …no Digitakt shown at all ( mysterious?)

I will try agin later and if I do no succeed I will sell the device . No time to waste with this . From yesterday till this morning I spend hours in trying and I got no mood for this anymore.

Maybe someone else got more luck with it

See also the “Remove device entries” section here: Support & Downloads for Overbridge | Elektron

You should do that in step 3, as in step 3 of the earlier list I posted: Digitakt doesn´t work anymore after new OS - #5 by maerteijn

This used to be true indeed, but I have too found out it’s not anymore.

Be patient and or leave it for a moment until you’ve calmed down… Updates generally work flawlessly but configurations are many! And if you act with anger you’ll more likely break something than fix the problem.

Use MIDI mode for updating the firmware with Transfer.
Reinstall Overbridge and switch your Digitakt to Overbridge mode and report with pictures and details to get some help.

1 Like

It’s unclear how you’ll resolve the issue then … you haven’t answered the specific questions given that you haven’t explained what you saw or did to get to this point … you say Windows 10 with latest service Pack, well this directs you to a subgroup of users

I’m not really using Overbridge, but i was sure the USB setting was now irrelevant to Transfer, nonetheless I would certainly aim to set to the USB MIDI/Audio setting - maybe it doesn’t work if you have the OB engine connected, i have this disabled on boot

It’s honestly not even clear what you are faced with, it’s therefore hard to know what to suggest … is it bricked ? does it run ?

I thought so, i recall David at Elektron saying so too, but i didn’t appreciate it doesn’t behave that way anymore … i’m certainly not doing this actively, nor consciously - but the idea, i think, was to take the variables out of upgrading seamlessly … i’d imagine they’d still want that (if possible of course)

Whaaaaat …Now it works . But why so complicated .
You have only start the Overbridge engine…

Ok there were somone who thought …No you don´t have to sell this thing …
I´am soooo glad now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But Elektron …Why I have to swap around in 4 Plugins. Why you can´t start the Overbridge Engine automaticaly when opening Overbridge or the Digitakt VST Plugin . Can´t understand that

Anyway It works and everyone is happy
Thank You Guys …You helped me a lot :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hello, I have the same problem.
What do you mean by “You have only start the Overbridge engine…”?, please be more specific.
Thanks a lot

When you open your Digitakt Overbridge app and it doesnt connect to your device ,
Click on this Icon and your Overbridge will connect.

Thats the dumbest thing that you need to do that. I hope Elektron will fix this issue.
Hope your lucky

Screenshot 2022-10-04 212241

You can find this Icon in your Programm Tree in windows . Dont know how it looks like when you run a Mac

If you run it in your DAW as a VST …its the same . If your VST doesnt connect , click the Overbridge Engine.