Overbridge not detecting my digitakt

I have been trying to research and can’t seem to find an answer.

Ever since I updated overbridge to the newest version ableton (im running ableton 9) is not seeing the DT in the asio driver slots or any elektron product. The over bridge control panel is also running and the engine is on.

I have tried restarting my computer several times and still nothing.

I don’t want to get your hopes up on this and since I don’t really use overbridge much it was just something I read in passing, but I remember a thread where someone said something similar about digitakt not being detected and it turned out that after the update they had to open digitakt from a vst icon or something in order to use overbridge. I’m looking for the post right now but if there’s like, a new icon on your desktop or in your start menu try opening it while I’m digging…

It may be unrelated but I know you’d like to fix this so I thought I’d mention it.

addendum - this is different but in regards to live it suggests run as administrator

Also - this was the post I was originally thinking of but I don’t know that this applies here, you can take a look

thank you so much i will do some digging.

this sounds really dumb but i cannot find the vst plugins on my computer from the overbridge download, any idea what folder they would be in? sorry really dumb question but i am not great at the computer/DAW side of using equipment.,

It’s cool, are you on windows? I’m not that familiar with mac

Anyways if you don’t have a specific directory you install things to, I’d start by looking on the desktop, in the start menu, and on the systray and see if there’s already an icon for it because a lot of times programs will automatically install a shortcut when you set them up for the first time.

If it’s not there, go into the file explorer, then my computer/this pc (whichever it’s labeled as), then windows ( C: ) then program files (x86) and see if you have a folder in there titled either elektron or overbridge (or elektron overbridge) and go in the folder and see if there is an executable file.

yeah it is windows im actually better with macs but didnt have the money to splash out

See above, I just edited my other post. let me know if you still can’t find it.

i was able to locate the plugin folder i have never used plug ins with ableton before. I added a custom vst folder in my ableton preference but the plugins are still not showing up in the plugin bar on the software…

Did you check out the last couple of posts in that second link? he shows a few screenshots and detailed how it works. Just double clicking on the icon once overbridge is open seemed to be enough to make it connect. Unfortunately beyond that I apologize but I’m not an ableton aficionado so I probably won’t be much help on that side of things.

That first post mentions running ableton as administrator but just to be frank I wouldn’t know the first thing about that, I assume based on the description it allows you more ability to make permanent system performance oriented changes but I don’t really have any experience with it firsthand to give advice.

i am trying to my best of my ability to follow along my overbridge engine is on. when i right click my ableton icon there is no “run as admin” option i cannot seem to find a way to try that.

i appreciate all the help you have given me but im having a hard time wraping my head around around the concept of if overbridge is a plug in and how all of that stuff really works normally i just set it up with my driver and create tracks on ableton to have them read the seperate digi channels but my knowledge of how to use a DAW is so limited.

one more side note i downloaded a trail of ableton 11 (iv already used up the free trail where i can save :()… it connects to ableton perfectly. I want to just drop the money on ableton 11 it just wouldnt be my best Finacial move right now.