Digitakt available for pre-ordering

when did they say that? pretty sure they said there would be machines but they would be digital AND it would have sampling capability

Not correct. Users have repeatedly asked for Elektron to implement Probabilty Tricks on the OT :wink: We did not want a new machine that offers this feature as a Sampler/MIDI-Sequencer in the first place. Because the OT handles this job very well already.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like this post twice if I could.

4 Likes

It is not. It is the tactical outcome of a business strategy. Adam is spot on.

1 Like

yea they said it at namm cocker. itā€™s just a sampler. with trig conditions

1 Like

Both can be true. In fact, both are true.

Huh? Adam said this was Elektron listening to customers and giving them the things they asked for. I was saying, no this is them blowing the chance to do that by being business minded and crippling/ommiting other functions that they could have put in there, things that people imagined very likely assumed would co-exist with those requested new features etc.

Seems pretty obvious what Iā€™m saying but Iā€™m probably not saying it well. Basically itā€™s impossible to knock them for making decisions motivated by business, they have to make money to keep going. But anyone kidding themselves that this box is Elektron primarily trying to give people what they want is possibly wide of the markā€¦

saving all the good stuff for the OT2 or digitakt XL? Hope so, would be a great strategy then, this DT for people that want simplicity and the ā€œcomplicatedā€ full size boxes for all the people that live on elektronauts :slight_smile:

How about getting some of the sp404/low end theory guys to demo the DT?

I believe it was on the MnM where you could either use the synth tracks as midi tracks. Would anybody be more satisfied with the DT if you could do the same with the DT? Instead of using track voices you could use the thing as a 16 track midi seq with all the midi fixinā€™s?

Might make me DTB(Down to buy)(if I ever have money)

1 Like

The Monomachine has 6 internal ā€˜machineā€™ tracks and 6 midi sequencing tracks, thatā€™s fixed (the midi tracks share their corresponding internal trackā€™s LFOs). What you can do is assign the machine tracks to be synth engine machines, external audio input machines, or FX machines, as you choose. Similar to the OT I believe.

Again, both can be true.
Especially when one is objective and the other is subjective.

It is true.

In Global Edit > Control OUT 1 > Sequencer: INT + OUT, yes you can send midi notes from the internal tracks out. But those 6 tracks are not as deep for midi sequencing as the 6 dedicated MIDI Tracks,

Because:

2 Likes

Very good answer!

I have my OT and I really love it, so the DT isnā€™t something I need.
But itā€™s really good for people who donā€™t want to spend that much time on understanding a machine!
And Iā€™m surprised how many people here seem to have expertise in running a businessā€¦

Maybe some people should stop talking and produce their music. Itā€™s sad that so much OT/elektron bashing is going on right now (I never encountered one of these so called bugs and honestly, there enough functionality in there), itā€™s my most inspiring instrument after my beloved guitar.

If you donā€™t like it, donā€™t buy it.

6 Likes

so the amount of users asking for a new machine was in fact higher? ok.

Well, i wouldnt complain that much about all of this but ā€¦ the price tag for the DT is much higher than i (and others) expected. 850 ā‚¬ for the Box with full functionality is basically 200 ā‚¬ more than Cenk said at NAMM. This is where i have trouble with. Why telling us that the machine will be aimed at 650 ā‚¬ and then its much more expensive? I counted with that money, now im really thinking about pre-ordering twice! Especially because there are no real hands on Demos. Why is that? Adam?!

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment, however I also agree with those disappointed in the new Elektron gear. They made LEGENDARY boxes with a 100% success rate of being f**king AWESOME. Now itā€™s dropped to being merely pretty cool, and there doesnā€™t appear to be anything groundbreaking with this.

And I absolutely agree that people are a bit too salty about it. Iā€™m disappointed, but Iā€™m not angry about it

2 Likes

Why are you asking me? I never implied that one group was larger in numbers than another.

All this negativity makes me want one! But Iā€™m strangeā€¦

7 Likes

And I completely understand and respect your opinion!

I never had the luck to use one of the older machines.

It actually costs $679 (USD) / 632 euros + tax, shipping.

All of them are magnificent! ALL OF THEM! A myriad of ways to use them. It inspires the people in this forum to share different hidden tricks and to build various tools to expand the amazing feature set. Very deep. Very cool. Thereā€™s a guy selling a non-UW MD on here for 500, I recommend purchasing it and playing around with it. SO COOL.

3 Likes