Digitakt available for pre-ordering

We are delighted to announce that Digitakt, an eight track digital drum machine and sampler, is now available for pre-order. Digitakt is a new compact drum machine from Elektron. It contains all the necessary tools to make people move to the beat. A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability, a live-friendly sequencer, the means to control external MIDI gear, and Overbridge support. All new hi-res encoders and extremely durable back-lit buttons (rated for 50 million presses) ensure superior operation. The ultra crisp OLED screen perfectly renders the clear and streamlined user interface. The first Digitakt production batch is about to be assembled, and it has been reserved for pre-orders. Pre-ordering starts March 15 and will last until the batch is sold out. [Watch the Digitakt trailer on YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBUVVS_5JU) [Try the Digitakt Online Interactive Demo](https://www.elektron.se/products/digitakt/#demo) [Pre-order Digitakt](https://www.elektron.se/digitakt/) **Digitakt highlights** * 8 internal audio tracks * 8 dedicated MIDI tracks * 1 × Digital multi-mode filter per audio track * 1 × Distortion effect per audio track * 1 × Assignable LFO per track * Delay and Reverb send FX * Sampling capability * 64 MB sample memory * 1 GB +Drive storage * 2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output * 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port * MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports * Overbridge enabled * Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (incl. knobs and rubber feet) * Weight: approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs) **Digitakt Online Interactive Demo** The Digitakt Online Interactive Demo offers a hands-on way to try out the Digitakt. It gives a glimpse of some of the features found in the hardware unit. The demo should work in all modern web browsers and doesn't require any plugin. All pure JavaScript. [Try the Digitakt Online Interactive Demo](https://www.elektron.se/products/digitakt/#demo) **Digitakt Pricing and availability** Digitakt retails for $679/€769. Shipments start in May. To pre-order Digitakt, visit the Elektron webshop or contact your favorite Elektron retailer. **Overbridge for Digitakt** Overbridge is a software suite from Elektron, offering powerful tools when using Digitakt together with computers. It comes in two variants, Basic and Premium. **Overbridge Premium Highlights** * Fully integrate Digitakt with DAW environments * Control Digitakt with a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface * Use Digitakt as a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM) * Stream multiple audio channels via USB (24 bit/48 kHz) * Recall all Digitakt settings when loading a DAW project * Plus all features of Overbridge Basic **Overbridge Basic Highlights** * Sample manager/librarian functionality * MIDI over USB * Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync * Computer screen visualization of Digitakt parameters * Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time limited sessions) **Overbridge Pricing** Overbridge Premium will be available in the Elektron webshop for $69/€79. Overbridge Basic will be free of charge.
1 Like

Hi Thomas,
is that pricing right? nearly 100 less dollars than euros. should be the other way round no? or is the dollars supposed to be sterling?

US prices are without tax.

2 Likes

Just played with the demo thing on the website. Now I want it. Damn it!

1 Like

Those Online demos you’ve done for the Heat and DT are pretty cool. Also, nothing like trying to p-lock using a mouse and a keyboard to make one cherish being able to touch the instrument directly

2 Likes

Will the OB premium/basic thing affect those of us already using it for the Analog series?

Overbridge Premium? Will this also be a model that other Overbridge enabled instruments are moving to?

no manual??? the demo is pretty meh…

2 Likes

Do you have to pay for overbridge premium to get separate outputs overbridge functionality now?

If so that’s pretty F&@KED… I dont even want overbridge for separate outputs, there should be physical separate outputs. But I’m definitely not paying extra for them in software… Luckily I bought AK instead of A4 to avoid needing to use overbridge as a route to separate tracks > pedals. But if this trend continues in to OT2 then no thanks.

2 Likes

I think it’s part of their attempt to keep initial prices low. OB basic is free(probably sep outs). I think when they make their Big Boys the OB will probably be included in it

1 Like

It’s like £700 by the time you pay for OB premium to get the separate outs (doesn’t look like that’s included in OB lite?)…thats not cheap!? Seems like a waaaay over priced box?
Only been vaguely interested in DT as I have an OT, seeing I’d have to pay extra for separate outputs ends that interest. Clearly trying to rinse customers for every penny they can while giving minimum back in terms of functions/memory/connectivity etc… This is looking as over-priced as the Toraiz was…

2 Likes

what did you learn or feel more with this demo???
i believed it was around 650.
no with the price of ob premium, you can bought a second hand elektron unit like A4 or octa…

1 Like

There’s a lot of sequencer functionality both inside and outside the unit.Very deluxe for new customers. I think the midi sequencing is the biggest selling point to this(with the information currently provided)

wait a minute, so that’s €769 with only overbridge basic? so another 69€ or whatever on top of that to get individual outs? fuk me. it was supposed to be €650 all in less than 2 months ago.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I think too … maybe we’ve wrong and it was $ instead of € but I have in mind 650… too
Overbridge Premium ? well we will see how it is :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess basic will just be sample transfer, then?

yep, sample pool and midi.
aka a load o bolox

2 Likes

The extra cost for OB Premium is a bit silly - however I guess they have to offset the cheaper price of the unit somehow…

1 Like

There’s not ‘that’ much sequencer functionaliy really. 8 tracks (mono) audio, 8 tracks (4-note) quasi-poly midi. Compare to Pyramid and MPC live sequencers… Even korg es2…or Ipad… Other companies are hopefully gonna add condition trigs and p-locks soon enough… If they do then Elektron in danger of getting left behind hard.

Resting on laurels/old ideas is one thing, charging maximum prices for them is another. If the current spec is the final functions then they could have made this box for like £450 street price surely? No separate outs. Small memory. Average screen. No velocity pads. No expandable memory. Not many tracks/poly to tax (probably a relatively cheap) processor. Look at OT price when it came out. That was years ago. This appears to have less grunt than that did but being charged at the kind of price that the OT tech/hardware would possibly be put out at today’s prices… Tech components surely way cheaper now than when OT dropped and most of the R&D was maybe already done unless they re-wrote everything from scratch?
Maybe they’ll add stuff. But looking at it as it is it seems kind of a joke tbh…

4 Likes

Yeah, I hear ya. I was a little disappointed when this thing was announced. That’s 2 for 2 on their new gear. (I mean, I’ve kinda warmed up to the notion of the Heat, but I don’t really feel any desire for it).

Just as well, That gives me the chance to get that MPC without distraction!

5 Likes