Digitakt available for pre-ordering

I wasn’t considering purchasing Digitakt in the first place, but wow - asking more for overbridge functionality falls to dick move territory on my books.

3 Likes

If I’m being honest the video has neither put me off or influenced me more to buy. I still think it’s a machine for me BUT I’m disappointed at the sudden price increase and the fact you have to pay for OB. I see the session times out using the audio out as master in your daw if using the free OB. This means I’d definitely need the paid for OB and i was just about affording 600 never minds 730 which puts it close to the MPC live or second hand OT.

Still looking forward to seeing how it processes audio for live performance as it does mention it’s a tool for live performance.

2 Likes

Everyone should buy a secondhand machine drum uw or an analog rytm.
I wouldn’t go near the digitakt…

I’m tapped, so I won’t get a DT for awhile, but this is an interest of mine as well. Honestly, I’m not the least annoyed about the price increase or the split OB functionality. I know I don’t have to buy the thing. I also hate chasing technology, it drives me nuts and keeps me from actually making music. Would like to have more info about a few things on the DT though before I would theoretically preorder: Are the inputs addressable as separate mono ins? If it samples in mono, then it seems like it should. Love to know more about the distortion effect and the master function button…

i’m curious. No real Demo Videos but pre-ordering already available?

Then the pricing … Cenk said it will be around 650 €. 770 € + 80 € is FAR MORE than around 650 €. The interactive Demo doesnt nearly convince me, but thats obvious - you need hands on the machine.

Well … could be a bit disappointed right now. Someone said - earlier in the Digitakt Thread - that he doesnt like the direction Elektron is shifting to. Now that i see the pricing for the DT, how they wanna “throw” it out, how they define first and second class OB Users and still no real Demos so far - i understand what he meant!

Thumbs down Elektron! I was really keen on getting this right now - but seriously: Not at this price tag!

[edit] And lets not forget what Cenk said at NAMM about OB-Support. He said: “We are currently focussing on the hardware …” Really? If you’ve focussed that much on the Hardware - how can it be that you melticously crafted an OB Version specifically for the DT which has such heavily limited functionality? Is this what you meant when you said “focus on the hardware”? Honestly … this is almost an impudence.

6 Likes

Currently for the first time in about a decade I own no Elektron machines since I recently got rid of the Rytm. That won’t be changing any time soon then looking at this.
I miss my old silver machines, but on this current trajectory I think Elektron & I have permanently parted ways.
Hey - it’s not a big deal & they owe us nothing : they’re an electronic musical instrument manufacturer. You either want their products or you don’t. No point getting all worked up about it.
Sure they’ll sell plenty of this new box & I’m sure plenty of people will have a blast & make some great music.

7 Likes

Probably more likely offsetting the cost of OB development than the DT

1 Like

im not so sure about that anymore :wink: Look at this new price and do the math how far an MPC Live is just away now. For 650 € it would’ve been a big one for sure. But for 850 € with the limited functionality … some might prefer the MPC Live now.

2 Likes

I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. They are plenty of companies making affordable modules. Elektron, to me, meant deep and complexe pro machines. I for one, won’t be buying this. I’ll save my money for an MPC Live. And premium Overbridge, Dissapointing.

3 Likes

Can’t even preorder in Australia. This will be 1,100 AU dollars, when all told, from one or two stores only.

1 Like

OB Standard record of the Main Out will also be Time limited, have you read that?

So … Elektron. Whats that time limit? 6 Minutes? 60 Minutes? You dont even tell us that! This is all very very suspicious marketing that was done here …

3 Likes

Where is Hecter??

1 Like

I went to Sweetwater to put in a pre-order when I heard the news, but it looks like I did that on March 2! Hope they ship soon.

1 Like

Very disappointing that OB only costs more for DT owners. Crippleware is a low class move.

4 Likes

I think for now I stick with using the MNM to sequence Battery/Polyplex and hold out what other flagship product might come out later this year…

Is the sequencer verified as 8 mono tracks? That would be disappointing and would reduce my interest considerably. I don’t see any info on Elektron’s web site. There is not sufficient info for me to make a preorder. I think I will stick with my A4 and RYTM for now.

Haha! Yeah bring back Hector! He definitely wouldn’t stand for this.

1 Like

So did that cool pre-NAMM grainy video sequence use any particularly unique sampling / playback methods? Or was it just a cool sample playing … thought there would be granular sampling or sth a bit special in this box. If not, MPC slays it.

Why is there no solid information on this product? The description is so vague too… “A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability” …? Had to read through forums and rumors to piece together what this machine might be… not impressed

1 Like

does the sequencer have functional ‘plays free’ tracks?
(still silently hoping for the update fairy to make this actually work on the OT)