Digitakt 1.30 : Bug reports

You’ll have better results modulating the depth. I had fun with this tonight ^^
My Digitakt just became less LoFi hip-hop and more Æ nonsense suddenly ^^

4 Likes

I did some listening and you are absolutely right about the clipping. I noticed it mainly with the EQ1 and 2, the others sounded cleaner, but I am no expert. If I were at home I might hook it up to the oscilloscope to see what is going on. Definitely weird.

EDIT, maybe the others are just more subtle in their clipping. I actually kind of like the frequency based clipping, but I have been trying to make harsher sounding tunes lately.

1 Like

Same issues on Live 11 and my friend is experiencing this as well. It looks like the OB plugin is no longer reporting latency to the DAW so Ableton can’t compensate for it.

This really sucks for my workflow and I hope Elektron fixes it soon. I’d downgrade my OS if doing so were supported.

Edit: It seems like PDC comes back if I right click it and click Group. That said, saving the resulting Instrument Rack and adding it to a project from the Browser doesn’t work. This is definitely busted. :frowning:

I’m also hearing a lot of digital clipping with the EQ filters.

I just had a very strange and very frustrating bug where MIDI data from one single pattern is now sending out on every pattern despite those patterns’ MIDI tracks being turned off and cleared of all settings and sequencer data.

I recently setup my Digitone and Digitakt in a bi-MIDI relationship where

• MIDI tracks 13-16 on DT control Audio Tracks 1-4 on DN
    and
  • MIDI tracks 1-4 on DN control Digitakt audio tracks 5-8.

In a nutshell, I have DN MIDI track 1 and 2 sending sequencer/LFO data to DT Audio tracks 5 and 6 on Pattern 9. This works exactly as it should (basically opening up the high hats via Amp release and increasing the Bit crusher on the other track). But now, despite all MIDI tracks on both machines “purpled” out (I.e. pattern muted) and cleared of all MIDI settings (no channel assignment, no CCs, etc…) for every single pattern other than the one I want to actually work, the exact same sequencer and LFO data is present on every pattern.

It truly is mind boggling. I know it’s external MIDI data as the knob graphics on the screen are moving which of course doesn’t happen when it’s internal sequencer data as well as I removed the DN MIDI out to DT MIDI in cable and it stops the issue.

This is not a case of MIDI loop as there are zero issues other then this one strange thing happening and I carefully selected MIDI channels so that there is no overlap.

Tried power cycling and the issue persists. Will try a new project I guess but that will be extremely frustrating to lose a whole project because of this.

Not sure if this might be new DT OS related as I just set this up right after updating DT.

2 Likes

Yep, just tested the new EQ filters and they distort something crazy, even with negative values :man_shrugging:t3:

I‘ve had that happening somewhat regularly with a Digitakt having a MIDI LFO going to another Digitakt. The LFO would just keep going when switching patterns, even though the corresponding MIDI track was empty in the new pattern. A trigless trig on the – now empty vanilla (?) – MIDI track would stop the LFO, but maybe still overwrite the previously controlled parameter value, wherever the LFO just happened to stop.

I don‘t know if this is the same case you‘re having, but maybe it helps.

It’s not a big deal but updating seems to clear some of the midi settings. My Digi has started sending pattern change again.

I am sequencing VCV rack via overbridge with midi channel 9. For some reason the midi sequence on track 9 triggers my sample track 1 as well. I tried everything to get rid of that and for some reason after restarting Digitakt a couple of times the problem disappears but comes back on the next day. Did someone find a solution for that?

Thanks, for some reason I thought this wasn’t supported. I’ll have to hunt down an old OB installer too, as I suspect that may be where the bug is rather than the Digitakt’s OS.

I have reported it in detail to Elektron - I have faith they’ll fix it.

1 Like

I downgraded it with the OS u uploaded, since Elektron is not replying on my OS request support ticket for days.

The digitakt downgraded but lost sound completely, restarted and reloaded the project. All fine now, but when i reboot the DT i see a E down left in the bootup screen next to the os version, what does this E mean?

Apparently it is just something that the Elektron techs use if your device needs repairs. Maybe different hardware revisions or something.

the E is on my unit too. nowt to worry about.

2 Likes

I don’t know what this “e” means, someone else here who knows?

Much appreciated for the effort.

Hmmm…. I’m going to try that.
All the time I spent on this issue I didn’t think to do that.
Thanks!!

Still don’t know.
E xperimental?
E rror?
E xpensive unit? :smile:

6 Likes

So best to wait with the upgrade? :thinking:

Now when using DT + OB (latest OS’s), I get some really noticeable Tempo changes. The Tempo speeds up for 2-3 seconds and then gets back to normal. This makes Live Recordings impossible. These Tempo changes occur when tweaking knobs on the DT or an External device going through the DT’s Inputs (this one is weird).

I’m a long time OB user and before upgrading to the latest OS, everything was very stable.

1 Like