Digitakt 1.30 : Bug reports

the E is on my unit too. nowt to worry about.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what this ā€œeā€ means, someone else here who knows?

Much appreciated for the effort.

Hmmmā€¦. Iā€™m going to try that.
All the time I spent on this issue I didnā€™t think to do that.
Thanks!!

Still donā€™t know.
E xperimental?
E rror?
E xpensive unit? :smile:

6 Likes

So best to wait with the upgrade? :thinking:

Now when using DT + OB (latest OSā€™s), I get some really noticeable Tempo changes. The Tempo speeds up for 2-3 seconds and then gets back to normal. This makes Live Recordings impossible. These Tempo changes occur when tweaking knobs on the DT or an External device going through the DTā€™s Inputs (this one is weird).

Iā€™m a long time OB user and before upgrading to the latest OS, everything was very stable.

1 Like

It started off as A on release, now its worked its way up to E, dont think I have heard of a reason why ,it just is.

I mean because of driver latency, sync issues, filter clipping and other bugs, Iā€™m tempted to wait with upgrading

I would, seems like this update came out of the oven a bit too early.

I canā€™t say anything about the sync issues because I havenā€™t tested that.

But Iā€™m definitely not having any clipping issues with the new filters.

I would say it depends on where you are in your work cycle, and features you use a lot. Itā€™s not like it crashes all the time, I want to say the clipping has a lot to do with your sample content and how your gainstaging is set up, but maybe there is something more to it.

If you just finished up a project and are gearing up to make some new stuff I would back up your projects and jump in.

iā€™ve noticed that Ableton (11) crashes when i push the rec. button, for multitracking my projectā€¦anyone else noticed this?.. (running the dt trough overbridge, all updated to the latest)

I canā€™t get the filter to clip whatever I do, even with dirty full-range loud samples and the levels all the way up.

2 Likes

I ended up downgrading both my Digitakt and Overbridge (the former alone didnā€™t fix the sync issue, looks like thatā€™s an OB bug.).

Hereā€™s the link to the previous Windows version of OB if anyone needs it: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/se-elektron-devops/release/7012a20b-c061-550c-be8a-915b2479aa93/Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.47.1.zip

Previous Digitakt OS (posted above but for convenienceā€™s sake): https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Digitakt_OS1.21A.zip

Canā€™t help with the Mac one because I never downloaded it. :man_shrugging: Downgrading worked fine for me, though, and OB sync works properly again.

1 Like

I made a little video demonstrating the clipping I noticed on the EQ. Hereā€™s a sweep of the EQ1 both boosting and cutting. It honestly doesnā€™t bother me as I see it as one more sound shaping technique and we already have lots of clean filter options between low pass high pass and the base width filter.

1 Like

Are you sure youā€™re not clipping something else?

I looked at the waveform of your video, there is some clipping going on, but it doesnā€™t look like digital clipping, which is what you would expect.

Itā€™s only there on the transients, and the top and bottom waveforms look very different. Theyā€™re both clipped, but the bottom part of the sample looks way worse than the top part.
Thatā€™s not very likely when itā€™s digital clipping.

I just noticed that it sounded like it started clipping/distorting when I adjusted the depth of the eq. At one point I move the depth to zero and back and you can hear it sound like it starts clipping.

EDIT: I might try with a looping sine wave so it would be more clear what is happening. Just so I know what to expect, if there is no clipping the only effect it would have on a sine wave would be amplification and attenuation correct?

I havenā€™t noticed any clipping with the eq so far. They all sounded good on a synth pad sample. Havenā€™t tried drum sounds yet. What happens if you turn the sample level down? Maybe the eq needs more headroom.

Yes, but also no, not exactly.
The sine wave has to be in the frequency range that the filter is affecting, otherwise, nothing will happen.
The filter could also have an effect on phase, the steeper the slope, the bigger the effect. Since the eq filter is in essence a band-pass filter, it will affect phase below and above the cutoff.

But without getting too technical, I think you should just try it.
Itā€™s probably the most valid way of testing this.