Digitakt 1.30 : Bug reports

Yeah, having tried a few more times, it seems to happen only under certain conditions.

If you get a few more minutes spare, try leaving it in pattern mute mode, with a couple tracks muted, save pattern and project while still in pattern mute mode, then reboot. Hangs every time for me when following these steps.

Its possible my project is corrupted but its not showing any other signs, weird.

I don’t ever change the display settings, but I’ve definitely seen the screen dim a little when left for a while. Not sure if thats the same setting.

Tried this, no dice. Cannot get my DT to hang in those conditions.
There is most likely another factor involved.

1 Like

same… Elektron needs to rewrite this function … how long is this now buggy? Most important for the longevity of the device …

I’ll wait and see what support say, it must be related to the purple pattern mute mode as its only just started happening and coincidentally, I 've only just started using that mode.

Thanks for checking :+1:

With FX global, you can still randomize say the Delay with Fn+SRC+YES.
But you can’t come back to previous value with Fn+SRC+NO

Same for the FX settings: with FX global you don’t have any saved value to restore. There is only the current value, and you better remember which you came from.

To me, the desired behavior would be to have a saved global FX state I can recall when hitting reload (Fn+No).
@Patrik? Would this be considered a feature? Was this behavior conceived like this or is it a missed spot?

2 Likes

It is the intended behavior

2 Likes

I’ve somehow completely missed the 1.30B firmware update , but happy to read (and can conclude) that the Parametric EQ distortion has been solved!

Original measurements with the 1.30 firmware: Digitakt 1.30 : Bug reports - #103 by maerteijn

New measurement with 1.30B, again with a SIN sample C4, EQ-2, freq 48, gain -64

2 Likes

Just found out that you can Reload Ptn the midi knob page but no midi is sent when it goes back to the previous save ptn so it is kinda useless, only when I touch the knobs again the external gear updates to the value that digitakt displays. Not sure if it is a bug.

1 Like

This bug is still affecting me on 1.30B. Has it been reported?

Please report!

Reported.

3 Likes

Reply from Elektron:

It is the intended behavior that an audio track needs to be triggered for new external mixer settings to come into effect after changing pattern. It works like this on all Elektron products, and while we agree that it isn’t optimal, it currently needs to work this way on Digitakt for different reasons. If you are not using the audio tracks, you could still place a trig on the first step of a track and lock e.g. AMP volume to 0 as a workaround. The external mixer settings will then update when changing pattern (provided that the sequencer is running).

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks.
I had read it earlier, I think, I should have reminded that.

1 Like

Did they say what the reasons were? I recently encountered this phenomenon and I thought it was a bug.

The explanation from Elektron is in the quoted text.

I wonder what those “different reasons” that they mention are.

Digitakt OS 1.30B was released Feb 02, 2022.
“OS 1.30B has a few important bug fixes like fixes for parametric EQ clipping, syncing issues with Overbridge, delay routing issues, lost parameter locked LFO destinations. For a full list of changes, see the release notes.”

I updated from 1.30 to 1.30B via Transfer. The file uploaded and once completed the DT got stuck at “OS Upgrade success! Rebooting” No progressing bar or flashing LED.
I waited several minutes and decided to power cycle the DT. Then it displayed “Updating bootstrap, don’t switch off” Once this succeeded it asked to reboot, which I did, and OS 1.30B was successfully installed.

So, it’s either a bug getting stuck after the first update stage where it says “Rebooting” or it should rather read “OS Upgrade success! Please Reboot”

1 Like

Yes, wrong text IMO on all Elektrons.