Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Whoaa what? That makes things so much easier

1 Like

If the voice reuse/cycle to another voice functions like it should and if the stuck note issue really are dealt with this change a lot. Canā€™t wait to update!

1 Like

not quite the same though ! :wink:

either way - itā€™s genius the way it is

1 Like

Ahhh :heart_eyes: . Just played around with Probability and Step Rec on Digitone. Really great for quick generative stuff composing!

Now my next feature request is a midi message for PROB, to randomize it with midi loopback! :loopy:

10 Likes

Iā€™m very happy with this new update for the DT and DN. Thx elektron!

I was playing with the new update, but I found a bug that is annoying me. It happens when you push down a enconder to make a quick adjusment, for example reduce all the reverb send, but instead of staying at the 0 value, itā€™s like the encoders now are ultrasensitive, and the value jumps to another different from 0

I hope this can be fixed soon, because this never happened to me in the previous versions of the OS

1 Like

I just received and Iphone. I strictly donā€™t know which software to use to record.
I also have an Iconnectmidi2+ with an Usb/Lightning cable, but I donā€™t know if it can work. Nothing happened.

1 Like

dunno anything about the iconnect. this is the apple usb adapter iā€™m using:

i used the built-in camera app, nothing fancy at all.
at the start of the vid i posted earlier you can hear the mic on the phone cut off and the DT audio takes over when i switch to ā€˜usb audio/midiā€™ setting. itā€™s that simple.

4 Likes

Mono legato mode!!! Yeeeeaaassssā€¦Thank you for listening and delivering Elektron team!!! :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

2 Likes

Lots of good stuff in this update. Excited to try step record, dont know how many times I have held a trig key down with my nose, in order to put a chord in with both hands

5 Likes

This is fantastic and so much fun! Just go crazy with your midi keyboard while scrolling down through the list :smiley: Ads a great amount of variation and basis for new tracks. Superb for jamming :3lektron: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Perfect for live recording - tweak it all on the fly

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I never discovered that trick!

1 Like

Right thanks, I meant which app are you recording in to?

iOSā€™s built-in camera app

2 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m confused, youā€™re recording audio into a camera? Just trying to get my head around that!

3 Likes

EDIT: you CAN use the DT input, but you canā€™t process it inside iOS - it works exactly as it would standalone soā€¦ same low gain input (as for monitoring - I know thatā€™s not what itā€™s for) and mono (IIRC, when used as an audio interface on computer you could monitor in stereo, so itā€™s not a hardware limitation).
I couldnā€™t make it work earlier because I was using my MicroFreak with a TRS to Stereo cable, and the channels where canceling each other - tried again in mono (the MF is mono after all) and, although quite quiet as I mentioned (the MF has also a super low input) I could hear the signal coming in.
@Tokin_Tone

at least in a first tes with iPadt, it seems like itā€™s not possible to use the input of the DT unfortunately

1 Like

Right, I get the hardware part, I just wondered about the software/app

EDIT: @kryten42 see my other edited post - you CAN monitor the input signal, although very quiet and mono, same as standalone mode (and different than DT as audio interface, which IIRC would allow for stereo incoming signal)

Hoping they can sort that out with an iPad, almost perfect!

Just put a stick or a pen in your mouth.

1 Like