Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Digitakt input is meant for sampling not mixing so it’s not likely to be included if I had guess.

Amazing. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

10 Likes

pretty cool update: so far audition trigs is my favourite new feature but it is the only one I’ve tried.

1 Like

Trouble syncing Digitakt with OB. Anyone else? Transport sync is off time and no sound reaching the tracks in the DAW.

Should the Digitakt device be enabled as a midi device in the DAW midi devices when using OB?

I’ve tried both enabled and not (both for as input and output device), still experiencing problems.

The only thing I can see is that the Digitakt plugin cursor moves correctly when there is a trig. And the parameters respond as well. But transport out of sync, and there is no sound.

1 Like

No.

Did you install the new version of OB?

Yes I did.
I’ve just seen a small warning written at the bottom that it’s detecting my buffer size as 1718 samples.

However, my buffer size (in Reaper) is set to 256. Something strange is happening.

I just opened an empty project and the warning disappeared (I was using my DAW template before which is quite loaded). Still strange.

Now transport is syncing up properly over OB, but still no sound. I also was not asked whether I want to use plugin state or device state (on the Digitakt).

I just got the DN Keys working with Garageband on my iPhone, using the camera adapter. Because it is class compliant now, I imagine it would work with many of the DAW’s on iOS.

It does not mean that it is a USB host.

Nice, that makes sense

Could someone please tell me exactly the difference with usb class compliance? I was already able to sequence iPad apps such as Moog Model D before the upgrade and use AUM. Sorry if it should be obvious but I haven’t figured it out yet. Recording?

it means now you can stream the master channel via USB without any need for drivers or overbridge

Recording audio over USB.

1 Like

What a great timing. I’ve rebuild, rearrange and rewire my studio yesterday. I want to start a fresh Project with my new addi©tion : The Peak. I knew there was something big coming.

1 Like

Can you sample INTO the Digitakt from iPad/iPhone now with the camera adapter, or does it just let you record your Digitakt master onto your iPad/iPhone?

I haven’t tested it, but a browse through the manual shows that there are new sample input settings for sampling a connected class compliant audio host:

14.1.4 SRC
Source selects between different incoming audio sources to sample from.
• EXT L sets the input source to INPUT L.
• EXT R sets the input source to INPUT R.
• EXT L+R sets the input source to INPUT L+R. The audio is summed together to mono. • INT L sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio left channel.
• INT R sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio right channel.
• INT L+R sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio L+R channels. The audio is summed
together to mono.
• USB L sets the input source to USB (left channel) and lets you sample audio using Overbridge or from a connected class compliant audio host.
• USB R sets the input source to USB (right channel) and lets you sample audio using Overbridge or from a connected class compliant audio host.
• USB L+R sets the input source to USB (left+right channel) and lets you sample audio using Over- bridge or from a connected class compliant audio host. The audio is summed together to mono.

7 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks!

I set up the DN with my 2018 iPad Pro 11". I setup Audiobus to host Mononoke and set it up to do some drones. It worked flawlessly.

Then…

Audio just stopped. The levels in Audiobus clearly showed Mononoke and output but on the DN audio just stopped coming through. It happened twice. Did not bump a cable. Did not change a setting. Screen didn’t timeout or anything like that. Going to eat dinner then do some testing.

I’m hoping it’s just an anomaly and not a bug. I have been dreaming of integrating the iPad this cleanly. It was all just working flawlessly too!

Update: This appears to be an issue with Audiobus. AUM is hosting the same setup flawlessly…and as I type this AUM drops the audio to the DN as well. Audio still showing levels in AUM but sound stopped streaming through the DN.

Hes recording a video with the phone and the audio is being recorded along with the video.

Now THIS is some serious update love from Elektron.

You’ve really outdone yourselves, and as a DT/DN owner, I cannot WAIT to dig in this weekend when I get some other stuff out of the way.

1 Like