Digitakt 1.20 : Bug reports

no, you still have fine tuning. what’s changed is the stepping behaviour when you hold shift.

Hmmm. I’ll have to check again. I wasn’t holding anything and it was stepping.

Maybe I was smoking crack that day tho. :confused:

Apparently Prob have a different behavior from Trig Conditions. Prob have +/-1 increments, TRC preset values, as usual on all the Elektrons I used. Maybe DT has a different behavior for a certain period, I had it with 1.20 installed.

When you press the button you mean ?
Apparently no difference if you hold Function.

1 Like

More of a question but has the save process changed at all in recent updates?. I feel like saving an individual pattern to a project used to also save any new samples added but now it seems any new samples added to the list need to be separately project saved or they are gone when you reload.
It just seems like saving the entire project at once is a bit over the top and possibly destructive just for a few extra samples, especially if you have been fiddling around and you cant remember which patterns have been altered from their last save point.

I’m having an issue when using my Digitakt with my iPad.

Apparently the external ins are only being passed to my iPad when using USB midi. USB Audio/Midi only the internal sounds of the Digitakt are registered

That is functioning as intended.

1 Like

Aw rats! That ruins a utopian flow of choosing whether to sample mangle with Digitakt or classic sampling with Beatmaker 3(or theoretically both at the same time)

I’ll have to spent a couple more days rethinking my audio routing.

Thanks for informing me that I’m not stupid/insane :slightly_smiling_face:

I had a look at the latest manual and it says for saving whole pattern to project “Saves the active pattern’s sequence data and kit to the +Drive.”. When you add a sample to a pattern and use the whole pattern save the sample is not retained once reloaded. It seems the kit has to be saved to the project separately.

What does a kit refer to on the DT?, is it separate from the project ram list?. It seems strange that the only way to save samples to the project is to save the whole project including pattern data every time you add a new sample or sound, this procedure resaves any unwanted changes that may have been made across the project. I thought saving the pattern to project was supposed to include any samples and sounds that were included, having to save the whole project every time I add or use a sample from the +drive is both a pain and potentially destructive.

Depends on how you look at it. I constantly save the project to make sure my changes don’t get lost. If you are making changes you do not want to save in the project itself, simply revert the pattern back to last save state before moving on. That’s where temp save and revert come in handy. You can even revert parameter pages back to their last saved state by pressing a parameter page+NO.

Samples are not saved within a pattern. A pattern (and kit for that matter) simply save the parameter page info (and sequence in a pattern safe), which means it saves the sample slot number it is using, not the actual sample itself.

What I do when I want to jam with the project without messing things up is simply saving the project as a new project. This way I can do with it what I want and then load the other project to go back where I left off. If you would see my project list you would see project names like ‘Live v 1.243’ for every new version I go up one digit, unless I made major changes I go up a tenth for instance.

The cool thing about temp safe (Func+yes I mean by this btw) is that you get multiple ways of utilizing the ram and project safe.

• it acts like a snap shot to which you can revert back
  • It acts as an undo (certainly when reverting back to saved state of a specific parameter page)
  • You can use temp save after minor tweaks you are probably happy with and then use project save to permanently save those changes when you are done.
  • Changes made and then saved with temp save can be rolled back by reloading the entire project if worse comes te worse.

All in all I think this structure gives you plenty of handles for proper project management :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have no complaints other than it would be nice if there was a simple way to save the project ram without all the pattern data or better still if saving pattern to project includes any new samples and sounds added to project ram.
I like the flexible save structure but I don’t like having to remember if I have altered any other patterns before saving the whole project. Unfortunately pattern save is only reliable if you have previously saved the project ram and I have a tendency to revisit projects and add new samples. I also dont really understand why saving a pattern to project needs to be separate from the samples and sounds used in that pattern, why would you want to save a pattern to the project but not the samples required to make a sound.

1 Like

Not something you do not want, simply a thing of how the architecture is built. Pattern contains sample slot number, project contains sample info. Would have been nice if it was contained in the pattern I guess, but then problems would occur when loading or copy pasting that pattern. It would override any samples that are now loaded onto those same slots and in use by other samples.

Also: You don’t really need to safe the pattern separately when using the whole saving structure as I mentioned above. I never do really :slight_smile:

Guess it’s just a workflow workethic thing. I’m very deliberate and careful when altering stuff. When I know I’m going to make big changes I safe the project as a whole to a new project. That way I can always roll back, or copy a pattern from the previous project version to the new version.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered this too: I understand projects and samples vs sounds, saving both permanently and temporarily. But what does the concept of “save a kit” mean on the DT? What does it let you do that’s useful?

Hi i’m quite new to the DT ( and forums for that matter) i’m having a problem that I cant seem to work out.
I’ve got my DT connected to Ableton via OB all good. However whenever I press TAB on my keyboard to jump between Clip view and Session view in ableton the ‘STRT’ ‘LEN’ and ‘Loop’ parameter on just track 1 jump to some random position. My guess is theirs some Midi signal confusion perhaps? I don’t have the same issue when running DT unplugged from PC. OB only sometimes registers and reflects these parameter changes but I can always hear them.

I don’t know if this issue has been mentioned but my Conditional trigs with respect to which bar certain sounds should be triggered is now messed up.
Before the upgrade, If I had a sound within a pattern that was programmed to drop in on 2/4 it would drop in the correct place regardless if I had a one bar pattern intro that I chained before it.
it will now drop in on 1/4 if I chain a one bar intro before it, even though it’s set to 2.

Is there a new setting I should just turn off to remedy this?

When I press and hold a trig to see the plocks, sometimes they dont appear and I have to release and press again for them to appear. This happens on both DT and DN :frowning:

Yeap this happens when you preview a trig and hit yes very quickly after pressing the trig. I’ve wrote it down to report. Keeping a list of some things I come across

2 Likes

Hey everyone, has 1.20A solved the issues/bugs introduced with 1.20? Or are there still problems? I’m still on 1.11, been waiting for a stable release to update. Thanks :slight_smile:

Also, why is this topic called “Digitakt 1.20: Bug reports”, and not “Digitakt 1.20/A: Bug Reports”?
Is there even a 1.20A bug topic?
Very inconsistent.