Digitakt 1.10: bug discussion

I had something sort of similar with a corrupted sample folder a while back… I ended up deleting it and putting it back on the machine with sample transfer and everything worked fine, along with all the samples being put back into the correct sample slots in projects and such.

Regarding, my MIDI bug. Support said the developers are aware the DT sends garbage MIDI messages when it’s turned on and off. Workaround=> turn on the DT first :confused:

1 Like

Just updated from OS 1.08 to OS 1.10and I have been experiencing problems with basic (3 element) quantized patterns with a BPM 160>. The pattern will playback for about 10 bars as regular before starting to lose itself (audio tracks start dragging). I have verified multiple times that everything is on grid.
I have owned the machine for a year and have never experienced a similar problem until now :sad:

Does anyone experience something similar?

I don’t think it should be that way, but some longer samples when viewing the waveform and using the knob of length the end of the waves is not visible or either the pointer of length is visible.

Second thing is that sometimes i hit the 8th trigger and nothing happens. Sample is loaded, but no answer from the machine.

Same thing for me on track 9

I was working on a project and attempted to move to a new project. As it was saving the load bar froze while “initializing new project”. I waited a bit, and then powered down after no change. I then powered up and tried again, with the same result. With the second reboot, I attempted to at least save the project, instead of creating a new one from it. The buttons stopped responding. Frozen again. After the third time powered up, I noticed the ram from my project had been emptied. Luckily my tracks/midi were all still there, but the ram had reset itself to its initial “new project” state (stock digitakt drum machine sounds).

I reflashed the firmware, and this has seemingly solved the issue. I’ve had to reupload my samples to the ram for that project which was a small hassle. luckily it was a straightfoward drum machine project.

has anyone else experienced something like this? i can’t say i was doing anything out of the ordinary when this occured. I only have about 8 projects so far on the digitakt. I had started messing around with single cycle wav forms, from the toolbox folder, and then it started freezing up. Obviously not that they are related but just to describe the general state the machine was in.

Any way thought I’d share just incase someone else runs into it.

Sometimes if you sample a file longer than a few seconds it’s impossible to adjust the trim end point. The top right display for the trim end point simply shows up as empty and zooming/moving does nothing.

I can also confirm a bug that was reported by others, sometimes when trimming a sample the bottom menus almost completely disappear, you are only left with TRIM and CLOSE. If you switch to another mode and the back to the sampler the bottom menus reappear.

Has the “non-triggering midi on step one when synced” issue been resolved?

In REC mode, FUNC + CLEAR clears the current track (good, right), but when you are in Live REC mode (quantized or unquantized), FUNC + CLEAR clears the current Sequence/Patterns of everything, as if the DT is stopped and act on pattern level, not the current track only.

Is this a known issue?

that Is how it is supposed to function

Hello @jefones

OK, I found this is in the manual now, but for me it totally is against the ‘workflow’, because why would you want to clear the complete pattern, if you are working on a track?! This is ‘anti-workflow’ in my opinion, because you need to exit the Live recording, clear the track in grid recording, and go into live recording where you came from as apposed to quickly clear the track because you ‘made a simple mistake’.

In the same Live recording mode you erase the track / midi parameters with [TRK] + [CLEAR], so why is the pattern cleared with [FUNC] + [CLEAR]?

Cheers, Airell.

It functions the same on all the boxes.
It’s not difficult to switch between grid and live recording. May just take a minute to get used to

Ok, that minute is taking months for me now, I guess the workflow (or that one particular) just not suits me here… It’s just feels so ‘irregular’ as I have selected a track and manipulating the track playing notes (accidentally wrongly quantized, by small timing missmatches), the Live recording [clear] clears the whole pattern, even if there is nothing changed or is wrong with the other tracks. If it’s the same with all other boxes, I guess it’s intended behavior and they don’t want to mess the uniform method.

[PTN]+[CLEAR] should have been more intuitive for me to clear a pattern.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Often my tracks with a TRIG:COND play back the wrong pitch. Pressing the track button in play mode causes the track to all of a sudden “snap” to the correct pitch, however subsequent changes to the track NOTE are not registered until I manually “play” the track again.

To make that clearer, right now I have:

1. Track 7 with NOTE:0 (C3), and a single step enabled with COND:2:1 - no parameter locks on anything else besides COND!
  2. Save pattern and project
  3. Restart Digitakt
  4. Track 1 plays that step at the lowest pitch possible (-24), even though the track is at NOTE:0
  5. Changes to the NOTE parameter have no effect on the enabled step
  6. Pressing trig/track 7 in play mode indeed plays at NOTE:0
  7. As of #6, that step now plays at NOTE:0 also, but…
  8. Repeat steps 5-6

I am able to remedy this by completely removing the step and reprogramming the exact same thing as in step 1 again, but that is insane.

This is interesting, had a somewhat similar error happen twice last night, different exception code but both times in the sample manager. I wonder if it is a corrupted sample folder. Have contacted Support but if they aren’t sure I might try a factory reset before I send it back, not too worried about losing all my stuff!

Move samples to another folder ?
Rename them ?
Rename folder ?
Upload samples to pc , tweak them slightly , download them and use new ones , delete old ones.

I have the same. Most of the time it goes back to the other page than where I were. E.g if I were on the mixer and went to a filter of a certain track it gets me to the compressor (by flashing mixer) when hitting the func+lfo next time, and I have to switch again to to mixer… Super annoyin specially when live. Allthough if I make the func+lfo press slowly by holding each button longer it rarely bugs out.