Digitakt 1.10: bug discussion

Overbridge support was added in 1.10 so that people could beta test. Search the forum, there are threads that discuss this.

I was merely posting what the update contained so people could see it. Alll the text I posted was copied and pasted from the included update log.

1 Like

Oh, so then they are doing the closed beta testing with that but your not actually able to use it with the current version of overbridge. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the info. That and using the Digitakt as an external soundcard at this time is all I really want anyway. Sure saving and backing your data up is crucial too. Well hopefully they’ll be able to complete the beta testing before the end of this year enough that they’ll release it.

While playing a pattern on the DT, if I send a midi note to a track in that pattern (via pure data and USB), the midi note is played, but then that track is muted on that pattern and all other patterns.

For example, I’m playing pattern 1, that includes notes from track 5. If I send a midi note to channel 5 (which is assigned to track 5), then the midi note is played and track 5 is muted in pattern 1. In fact, if I switch to pattern 3, track 5 is muted in that pattern too. The same is true for all the patterns in the bank. If I press the track 5 button on the DT that track begins playing again.

Not a problem for me, but I thought is was strange behavior.

Midi channel LFO dont always start. This odd glitch appears from time to time and might have been there before the v.1.10. When I assign midi track´s LFO for one of its encoders that have dedicated CC (mod wheel in this case) the LFO does not start to modulate it. Oddly turning the corresponding encoder still sends steam of CC messages out from digitakt. So I guess the connection between the LFO and encoder is some how disrupted… After booting the device everything works.

Ever since updating to 1.10 when i Direct Record a Midi pattern from an external source (a software synth on my laptop being triggered from a midi pattern on digitakt) I am unable to preview the sample using fn Yes. The pattern can be assigned to a pad and does trigger the desired recording however previewing it (so i can slice it up) doesn’t work- It is 100% unresponsive when attempting to preview. Anyone have any insight?

Hey all!
Here is a report for a small graphics glitch that I am experiencing with OS 1.10. To reproduce it, you need to do the following:

• Sample something into the Digitakt, preferably a single 4-5 second long continuous sound
  • Adjust the start and end points to discard the silence
  • Press YES to trim the sample

After you trim it, the sample waveform will have a 2-3 pixel gap in the graphic, even though the source waveform is continuous. This is always misleading as it makes it seem as if the sample has two distinct portions in it.

BEFORE trimming:
IMG_1798

AFTER trimming:
IMG_3896

1 Like

Happens very frequently for me when sampling and trimming.

1 Like

Same

If I’ve read this correctly you may have the midi track selected while you are recording. If this is the case you cannot preview the sample, this is intended function. In order to preview a sample when recording you have to have an audio track selected.

1 Like

I know this has been an issue for some people in the past. I haven’t experienced it probably because I haven’t been needing to move file around but I recently created folders for all of my Tracks and when I tried to move the files into the folders I would Error message “Moved 0 samples 5 errors”

*I just noticed that being in the main directory and pressing left arrow to designate this folder for where you want to move the files results in the failure and error. However, If you actually navigate into the folder you wish to move your files first then hit the left arrow and move files it works!

Even if ‘Program Change Send’ is off, it still does send a program change if the DT is playing and you select an unselected midi track.

Workaround is to have your gear not respond to Program Changes…

Program change send is to keep your other elektron in sync pattern wise. It should have nothing to do with what the midi tracks are sending.

So yes, that is why it’s a bug to me.

The manual states:
PROGRAM CH OUT CH selects the MIDI channel that will send program change messages when changing patterns (to set the correct ‘instrument’ on any gear). (…) Enable Digitakt to send program change messages in the MIDI SYNC.

If disabled / turned off (which can obviously), it should not send these messages as other gear also reacts on program changes too, as a ‘program change’ is a common midi implementation, not Elektron only. If it is ‘Elektron only’ it should be sysex message.

The manual doesn’t actually state anything about changing instruments in that section of the manual. What you added in parenthesis is not in the manual and thus it shouldn’t be assumed that is how that option on the dt functions.
There are two blurbs about program change sending. The program change options in the sync menu are to have the dt send a program change to switch patterns which helps to keep the elektron boxes and other systems that use pc for pattern changing n sync.
Program changes that change patches for external synths are plocked into the dt midi tracks and function differently. Even if you have program change send off, if you plock a program change in a midi track it will still function. This is intended function, not a bug.

“PRG CH SEND will, when active, send program change messages when patterns are changed. The MIDI channel that will send program change messages is set in the MIDI CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “15.3.3 CHANNELS” on page 61.”
&
“PROGRAM CHG OUT CH selects the MIDI channel that will send program change messages when changing patterns. An AUTO setting will use the AUTO channel. Enable Digitakt to send program change messages in the MIDI SYNC. For more information, please see “15.3.1 SYNC” on page 60.”

I’m sorry that I assumed the DT works that way. I get it now, it will stop from sending program changes on a pattern change. I was not aware that you could ‘disable’ the BANK and PROG by using [FUNC] and pressing the knob, just like you must do to enable the channel.

What I added in brackets is what the midi message “1100” does in the midi specification (“This message sent when the patch number changes.”). So it is actually how the DT works, not quite a wrong assumption I would say…

But what triggered for me to be a possible bug was that, on hitting a (non selected) trig button it sends a program change only once and only when the DT is actually during playing, but does not send it when it is stopped. Because of all the ‘pre reqs’ to get this, it hard to repeat it and figure out what’s going on.

Also what made my confusion even bigger is, that a deactivated “PRG CH SEND” also stops sending the ‘program change 127’ (my external gear does switch to program 127) when you double press the stop button. That’s not even a ‘pattern change’ or something a program change should be used for according to the midi specification. Shouldn’t that be something like a System Real Time message ‘11111100’ “Stop the current sequence.”?

Hi,

First message here :). The digitakt seems to send harsh midi messages when it is turned on or turned off. If the DT is connected to another synth via midi, it can crash the other synth. For example, if my modular is ON and connected via midi to the DT, when I switch on the digitakt the MIDI interface of the modular is stuck. I have to switch the synth off and on to get it running. If I do the same with my P80, it displays an error message when the DT is turned on or off. The P80 seems a bit more robust, since it displays the error but is not stuck.

Hi
Almost everytime I try to navigate in one particular sample folder I got a execption R0021 error and then the machine freeze completely.
I happens usually when I try to push the left arrow to open the menu when in the sample manager.
I tried reuploading the samples but it wont do anything the machine still freezes, Ive rebooted thé digitakt at least 15times now I really dont know what to do :frowning:

It only happens in one folder with a lot of subfolders and samples but I can sometimes load a few of thoses the error appears only when I go back in the sample manager.

Ive deleted this folder for now but it bother me:/

This is the error I get

Anyone knows what could I do to fix this error ?

1 Like

You should definitely 100% open a support ticket with all your info. I had a similar error but only once and i could never find any data/actions to cross reference for support… sounds like you have way more info!

1 Like

I’ll try opening a ticket thanks
Anyway since Ive deleted this freaking folder everything went back to normal.

1 Like