Digitakt 1.10: bug discussion

AFAIK, it works in conjunction with the Ping Pong ‘on’ setting to determine how wide the PP effect is.

Without ping ping pong mode on it will just pan the delay left or right. With ping ping on it will first go to left or right depending on that setting (higher feedback settings will make it more noticeable)

1 Like

Just want to retract what I wrote earlier - upon further use of both Global and Pattern mutes, I have to concur with the idea that they are bugged in some way. Recreating and describing the bug is made harder by the fact that the mutes ‘work’ in a very confusing fashion.
PS. I use mutes in a live jam situation.

1 Like

I’m having an issue with LFO fade. When I turn the fade up, it works at very low levels, fading in the LFO. But beyond a setting of 8, the LFO never kicks on at all. This happens on all wave types and modes, and it happens whether LFO trig is on or off.

When it stops working and I cycle back down through the numbers where it was previously working, the LFO now does not kick on at all. For example, 4 gives me a little fade and LFO works on the way up, but on the way down, 4 does kick the LFO on at all.

When I get all the way back to zero, the LFO kicks on. At that point, increasing fade will have an effect again and LFO works at each level until I get beyond 8.

Is anybody else having this issue?

1 Like

I’ve not tried it but it sounds like you’ve looked into different ways to test , reproduce it .
Did you try turning off/on the Lfo trig parameter both using the interface and parameter lock ?

I think I only used the fade for tremolo type things , it never seemed so obvious when tweaking it , I moved on with other things.

Yeah, I was trying to take a nice sound and slowly fade in some nasty, so that’s why I noticed it. I did figure out how to make it happen.

TLDR: to fade in to a continuous LFO, LFO.T must be on and MODE must be TRG.

The long version:
Part of the problem was me. I realized that FADE works differently than I thought. I thought positive numbers would increase the fade-in, so that’s on me. It took a long time to figure it out though b/c there is definitely some weirdness going on here.

When FADE works and when it does not is not intuitive, and it’s not in the manual.

FRE never fades. Other MODEs fade with LFO.T on but none fade with it off. And then when LFO.T is off, even though FADE doesn’t fade, it does determine whether the LFO is on or off (yes! it works like an on/off switch). That switch behavior only happens in some MODEs, adding to the confusion.

FRE and TRG are affected this way. Others are not, as far as I can tell. And for FRE and TRG, which are affected, the on/off point is not zero. It seems to be in the 20s somewhere. When the switch happens from on to off (or opposite), the change from one state to the other kind of fades in (so maybe that’s why it works this way?). But it’s difficult to tell when that begins. This is why I can’t tell you the exact number where it happens and why I thought it was 8 in my original post.

Man…hopefully I remember all this. It could cause some real confusion for people. It definitely didn’t help me troubleshoot my issue today.

3 Likes

LFO fade is not something I understand so it has been mostly ignored but I agree that the hands on effect of making changes has confusing results, experimentation from me has led to no real understanding of what is going on. The main thing that puzzles me is when I turn the fade in one direction and hear a gradual change and then start turning the encoder the other way there is no audible change untill the centre is met or passed.

I may be wrong, but I understand FADE to be a sort of delay on the start of the LFO, or the opposite… which if in free run mode, there is no “beginning” of the LFO to “fade in” therefore FADE has no effect. If the LFO is set to start, or be triggered, when a note is played, this is when FADE has a function, by either gradually (or quickly) bringing in the LFO, or gradually modulating it out.

3 Likes

Someone mentioned here in this forum that the fade for a free running LFO only occurs at the very beginning after you hit play.

1 Like

makes sense, perhaps the first time you hit play from stop, though a true free run LFO will be going even if the sequencer is stopped.

1 Like

Gotcha. Didn’t realize FRE faded on start, but that makes sense.

I’m with digimatt on the puzzling one-direction fade. I have synths with LFO fade so the concept is not new for me, but the Digitakt implementation sure is, especially as it relates to FRE and TRG with LFO.T off.

In those states, it would make more sense to have no effect. The one time fade as you pass some mystery threshold and subsequent on/off state depending on where FADE is set basically hides a parameter from view.

Hello lately the TRK button doesnt change all parameters like it used to when pressed in combination with some value change. Anybody having this issue?

Which values?

Won’t change anything that is p-locked… Could that be it?

1 Like

I feel like it happens when Im using sound pool sounds…maybe?

I believe the sound pool has parameter locks that are meant to be uneffected by control all.

interesting - Sounds count as P-locked? as they have saved parameters it sort of makes sense…

Copy and paste midi by page from one channel to another then undoing it leaves a load of locks behind in its wake, such as pb, at, mw, bc, chan and prog.

Edit, in addition every param on every page has been locked to zero including cc and lfo pages.

Edit 2, can recreate

Anyone had this ?

Shows an incorrect screen during sample editing every so often.

3 Likes

I am a new Digitakt owner and I just saw that you listed the 1.10 update includes overbridge support? I thought they were still in developement on bringing that feature with their next version of overbridge?