Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

Transfer app doesn´t work :frowning:
When I try to select input device it just says ‘connecting’ forever and then says it’s unable to connect. When I try to select digitakt as an output device it says "you need to select a Transfer capable Elektron device… Ehhhr…

Then, when I try to close the app, it crashes. Really disappointing as it’s one of the things I want to use a lot. Anybody else experienced this?

I’m on Windows 10.

Edit: okay, fixed by selecting output device first, it then says ‘you need to select a Transfer capable device’, then chose input, and now it’s working. Pretty buggy to say the least.

have you tried using it directly, without a hub?

I’m not using a hub :). Thanks though. Workaround in de edit part of my post works, but it’s still pretty strange.

So this is the issue I am having when midi syncing from Cubase (not usb):

The midi clock looks unstable ±2bpm. Does not sound noticeable to my ears but I wonder if this is a problem with the Digitakt, my DAW configuration (Cubase) or just normal due to the way midi sync works.

In my Cubase/DT setup it occurs on Midi-start-stop and runs in sync to DAW clock after one bar. I think its normal since every synth in my rig shows this behaviour.

2 Likes

Got it for one day. Okay so it hung a couple of times. I hope a new OS would be released soon. The white LEDs are blindingly bright, is this worse or the AIRA kryptonite-grade greens? As a side note, when I gone through the test menus on device, the LEDs can do RGB, so it can emit out purple, yellow and cyan too - this gives me hope that new functionalities would be added.

Unfortunately my DT isn’t configured properly right now to receive OS update. I tried reinstalling OS 1.03 yesterday, but my computer doesn’t see my DT (I changed some USB/MIDI settings last week when it was actually working in order to sync it to my A4).

It is literally a brick at this point.

This is where the unit freezes every time (the times that it will actually power up)

Dude, I used the Elektron transfer method via USB MIDI. However, it seems you can use the MIDI DIN port directly as well. I quote from firmware upgrade readme file:

“Upgrading from the Early Startup Menu
• Hold down the [FUNCTION] button while powering on. This should take you to the Digitakt
boot menu.
• Enter the OS UPGRADE mode by pressing the [TRIG 4] key.
• Send the SysEx firmware file to the Digitakt using the MIDI In Port.
During the transfer a bar in the display shows the progress.
When the update is done the unit will restart by itself, booting the new OS.
After some upgrades the bootstrap is also upgraded, this upgrade is performed right after the first
restart of the Digitakt, do not turn the power off during the upgrade.
To transfer the SysEx file we recommend using C6 - SysEx Tool by Elektron.
Downgrading is generally not recommended as user data may be lost.
Please report any bugs you may find using support found at http://www.elektron.se/support

2 Likes

Thx. I’ll give that a try later today.

1 Like

Cannot create a chain with first selected pattern repeated

while a sequence like this woks:
A01-A02-A01-A01 (while holding A02: press A01, release A01, press A01 again)

can’t create a sequence like this:
A01-A01-AXX-AXX (while holding PTN: press A01, release A01, press A01 again)

4 Likes

That got on my nerves too… I hope they correct it soon :frowning: Did you send this as a ticket to Elektron?

Just a follow up to my Digibrick issue -

I was able to reinstall OS 1.03 via midi interface (M-Audio Uno), but the unit still freezes every time at the same point.

I submitted a support ticket to Elektron last Friday. If they don’t have a reply that includes a fix, then the Digibrick is going back to Sweetwater.

hope this can be fixed, does my head in as well

The current workaround would be repeat the 1st pattern in the end of chain (A01-AXX-A01).

I think would make much more sense to select pattern/banks by holding PTN/BANK button and pressing the desired number. Would be more intuitive and consistent as Func and TRK buttons also need to be held. And this way chaining patterns would be like holding PTN then selecting pattern numbers in any order (until you release PTN).

1 Like

You can change how many times a pattern plays before moving on to the next in the chain on the scale page (per pattern) but this is fixed for every time that pattern is played. You could copy the pattern and set one as a single loop and the other as a double loop. But yes, ideally, would be good to select multiples in the chain like you describe.

2 Likes

good tip,thanks

Some unreported 1.03 bugs AFAIK:

• Sometimes (Func+Yes) preview function doesn’t work on sampling screen

• If you p-lock a note length to “Inf” on midi tracks, it prevents next notes to be triggered.

• When using a external midi keyboard in grid recording, you can p-lock notes only if using auto channel (not a big problem but worth the mention)

3 Likes

I would have thought this is intentional otherwise it wouldn’t be infinite and would be cut off by the next note.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I hope to see 1.04 soon with all midi issues solved. It can’t be that something as basic as midi doesn’t work properly and crashes this much.

To sweeten the pot Elektron could make me happy by adding sample slice/chain support and scale per track like on the other sampler (OT).

1 Like