Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

Firmware 1.03 is now released, discuss here

You encountered something wrong in OS 1.03 and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below

8 Likes

digitakt became unresponsive when i saved a project.
used func - save proj
saved all patterns and project settings
screen indicated ‘done’ but i couldnt do anything.

project loaded fine and continues to work.
audio continued to play when unresponsive
unsure if i had just added a new pattern using the new menu layout…‘save to project’ on pattern screen

also , still records garbage from internal L+R when nothing is plugged in and sequencer isnt playing , though it wasnt on the fix list.

5 Likes

possible that it’s a project you made on 1.02? Maybe there’s some glitch with converting old project data to a newer one, if there are internal data changes in 1.03?

1 Like

just made brand new project and i got it to lock.
it may be cos i had a lot of changes in the temp patterns.
not sure…
i havent lost any stuff , it seems to save ok.

Midi Sync -> Transport Send & Receive is gone :confused:

4 Likes

It’s now controlled by the clock send and receive.

1 Like

I know. But it sucks that i don’t have seperat control now over this anymore… it was good as it was before.

7 Likes

I found that while playing a pattern if I have usb plugged into the computer and I do function yes to save template and before that text is finished displaying do function save project then hit yes the song will continue to play but you can no longer use any of the buttons and none of the buttons flash, its just stuck saying done on the screen. restart and everything is fine, tested with usb not plugged into my PC and it functions properly saving.

2 Likes

FUNC + Save Project frequently results in freezes. Pattern will continue to play but the [Done] message stays on the screen and I have to turn it off and back on.

2 Likes

I have run into a similar unresponsive bug when saving… I noticed it only happens if the USB in hooked into the computer for me. Did you have you unit plugged into your pc by usb?

yup.

will try it unplugged.
i also thought i was going a little mad when the transport controls vanished…glad i’m not the only person.

i do like digitakt , its the main thing i now use , getting nice results very quickly…going to delve into much more midi/external gear over the weekend.

I think the implication from the release notes was that it didn’t really work before: transport reception was really governed by the clock reception - and those check boxes were placebos. That all said, I’d prefer separate controls, too.

1 Like

My digitakt has crashed twice and needed to rebooted. The first time during usb midi and other time while making changes to a pattern. This all happened within a few hours. WHY!!!

From the lastest manual:

After a pattern is selected, and before releasing any key, [RECORD], [PLAY] and [STOP]
can be pressed to copy, clear or paste patterns without leaving the active pattern. It is
possible to clear and paste multiple patterns at the same time.

Saddly, this doesn’t work. Pressing [STOP] while holding down [PTN] + [TRIG] just stops the sequencer, not paste into the newly selected track (which is what I want).

Mine crashes constantly while saving.

I’m done for now. Three crash-ridden releases is enough. I feel Elektron’s struggle and I’m confident they will figure this out. I remain supportive and I trust Elektron and love what they do.

But I can’t keep using an instrument I can’t rely on. That’s just a pragmatic truth, nothing else. I look forward to the Digitakt when it’s released, but it’s not, yet. It’s in beta with crashes. When it’s not, I’ll be back.

I’m going for the Deluge now.

4 Likes

Not back to Octatrack ?

1 Like

Nah. After tasting the Digitakt, that’s my preference. Once it’s stable, I’ll come back to it when I can afford it again.

The Deluge appeals to the more traditional composer in me, so I’ll nurture that side now and put hardcore sampling on hold.

1 Like

I’ve been yelling on the rooftops for months, why buy the first version of something before they’ve got all the kinks worked out? It’s bound to be disappointing.

It has both manufacturing/QC defects to be fixed and firmware needs before it’s solid.

Was about to sacrifice a few patterns and sounds to do a factory reset for 1.03 :sweat:
Question is, is it still worth updating? Was soo looking forward to a hassle-free MIDI sync

From this point, it’s hard to argue. I feel I’m learning something here. I guess it’s nice that I can still be naive about certain things while still just turning 42.

But anyway, lesson learned.

2 Likes