Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

is this intentional
on an internal pattern .
when multi selecting steps with different note locks , changing the notes using the dial only alters the offset , it doesn’t make them all the same value ?

i.e
2 steps are +2
1 step is +4

if i dial it to move them an additional 2 steps the resultant notes are
2 steps +4
1 step is +6

should they have all snapped to one single value ?

How stable is midi clock sync for you (not over usb - just midi)?
Digitakt is constantly changing the tempo -2 to +2 bpm
I am trying to determine if it is my DAW’s fault or the Digitakt

I believe the additive nature is intentional because this is also how the control all function is working… if you want them to be the same lock value hold the trigs you want to change then click the knob on the parameter you want to adjust to clear the lock out now when you twist the value will be the same on all the trigs you are changing.

1 Like

Not sure it is a bug but if you use the side arrows to do a time bend while you are in the pattern bpm it will always reset you back to the global bpm instead of the pattern bpm… a bit odd makes the feature useless if you are using pattern bpm.

1 Like

You could definitely sell it for full price right now, there’s a wait list on these.

When a pattern is playing (for example pattern 1) copying the pattern works (FUNC+RECORD), when trying to paste the pattern with the sequencer running, I select a new pattern (pattern 2) and hit FUNC+STOP. Grid Recording mode is deactivated. As long as Pattern 1 is still playing and Pattern 2 is ready to start once 1 is complete, then the paste command does not work. The screen shows paste pattern but nothing is pasted inside the empty pattern. When the sequencer is not running, pasting works some of the time but not every time. The strange thing is that when the sequencer is not running and you press FUNC+STOP a different sample is triggered every time. The Digitakt seems to be sending a midi note. When you repeatedly hit the paste command, the pattern will be pasted after a couple of tries.

Anybody else encountering these difficulties?

1 Like

Yes, I stopped copy/pasting with the sequence running as it did’nt work, I think it may have in os 1.01 but not since ime. I have not had a failure to paste a copy whilst stopped though.

been working fine for me, using it alot

Not really a bug perse but the scrolling trough “sounds” is kind of laggy/slow (function+level). Anyone else have this?

1 Like

i usually copy from the pattern that is running , select pattern swap to the one i want to paste to , and when the sequencer is playing the empty pattern i then paste.

i had some weird ess with ‘Plock - All’ last night , i wanted everything to have the same filter setting but they were not all the same. possibly that offset thing i questioned last night , but some parameters would all be fine and match (tune or pitch) , some parameters (e.g filter type/values) were definitely different with / without any of those specific parameters being locked on steps.

will continue to investigate.

Just checking, because maybe I’m just being stupid:

the small button right from the func button (3 small blocks icon) should open the pattern menu right? Here it just opens Imp/Exp, even though I’m not holding Func…

Pretty sure that is not normal, but a pretty annoying bug as I cannot save anything. Other than that, it will be a keeper for sure. Great device.

Ok rebooting solves the pattern menu problem temporary but as soon as I go to Imp/Exp , I cannot enter the pattern menu anymore…

edit: aah ok… apparently it’s treated as a deeper menu of the pattern menu, so pressing no gets me back to the pattern menu. It’s still a bit buggy. Try this:

Func + Pattern, now hold Func and press pattern again. Menu will still be there on the screen while the pattern button is unlit

Are you aware that pasting a second time would “un-paste” ?

2 Likes

Sampling + yes / no / or Func + sampling shortcuts work, but you don’t switch to the sampling menu, which kind of negates the usefulness of these shortcuts…

Changing track length while the sequencer is playing makes it go out of sync. Especially noticable when swing is on.

Pattern change coming over MIDI isn’t indicated on screen - whereas manual change shows that blinking pattern number as aon every other Elektron box.

My Digitakt is a brick now. I updated to 1.03 last week, and even though it froze while rebooting, I was able to cycle the power and reboot it. It worked fine the rest of the night.

Fast forward one week -

I turned on the Digitakt the first time since then, and it just freezes on the screen when the Elektron logo starts to wash away. It does that about 2 out of 3 times that I turn it on, the other times it just won’t power on at all. I tried leaving it off for awhile, but no luck over the course of an hour trying to get it on.

That would have been a major disaster if that happened at a gig.

I tried doing a factory reset, but it didn’t help. I also tried trouble shooting via powering up with Function knob held down, but once I get into that menu, I can’t exit the menu.

I’m very frustrated to say the least. I may be sending mine back to Sweetwater on Monday.

After sampling, saving, naming and assigning a sample, I am returned to the last sample sampled instead of the recording screen. Hitting NO will exit me out but when I hit [SAMPLE], it takes me to the last sample waveform screen again. I cannot sample new stuff.

I’m not in front of my Digitakt at the mo, but I think you just have to hit function and no to clear the last recorded sample.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer… I had a stuck at boot up thing going on and doing a hold func while boot up and run test seemed to fix it. Been using it non stop for days now with no crashes or errors. If you can get the func menu then you should also be able to reinstall the OS. I wouldn’t fully give up on digi yet but I understand the frustration for sure.

Will report my found bugs via a ticket soon, but for now:

• When you (accidently) load the same sample twice in your sample slots, and then replace one of them with a different sample, the other original sample slot gets renamed as well (it’s still the original sample though).