Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

Ok what about. Plock 1 trig, copy de single trig. Then pres down multiple new trigs and press paste. Only the first one will have the plock.

works for me, too. Perhaps you are attempting this operation different way than we are? I just hold down multiple trigs and twist some data knob. They all change for me.

Yep, it does - if there are no Parameter Locks for a certain Parameter on these steps already!

My assumption that it doesnt work applies to the scenario where you have values for a certain parameter already p-locked on the Steps in question. If you hold them all and change the Value again - they are not set to the new Value but instead they take a Value relative to what was set before. And that looked like it doesnt work for me in the first place. Very annoying!

I wonder - is this an intended behavior? Prolly has to do with live recording i think. Imagine you have tons of steps to change to a new Value and they HAVE to have that new value. You change them all manually that way ā€¦ Octatrack Style :smiley: Really annoying!

1 Like

this is working fine for me also

yes thatā€™s intended

1 Like

Getting multiple pops and clicks on the audio input when in sync with Ableton.
The digitakt as the slave once I hit play on ableton if have the recorder input monitoring active I can hear them. Even if its not activate I can still see the levels raise suddenly when nothing its coming thru it thus signaling a pop.

Once I stop the sync it gets from ableton the pops stops and only does it whenever it start receiving the sync

Anyone had a similar situation?

Its VERY weird I havenā€™t noticed this before

It doesnā€™t work like this I believe.

Plock differently steps 1 & 9, press the two with one finger, copy.
Press steps 5 & 13, paste.

This works.

1 Like

Random clicks and pops heard while device is idle. =|

Multiple use of the same sample is useful , e.g. If you ā€™ needā€™ to use lfo to move through sample slots and itā€™s important how theyā€™re ordered and organised in the list

But simple me thinks , keep it simple and add warnings / stop this .

Once you store them as Sounds, then perhaps multiple instances of the same sample isnā€™t an issue anymore. Effectively, as I understand it, once youā€™re working with a Sound, itā€™s its own unique entity with its own tag, ID or whatever, and can no longer be confused with anything else.

I think what happened to me, was that the Digitakt called on the same instance on the drive - the same source - and just didnā€™t get why there were multiple calls for this from the same place. I know, it sounds far fetched, having no insight in the Digitaktā€™s core structure, but it would make sense - essentially the same as trying to store two files with identical names in the same folder. Though you canā€™t, in any other case, and if you try, youā€™re either stopped or suggested to rename it. If not, this kind of chaos might be the result.

great! Lets go back to OT Times \o/ :slight_smile:

??
itā€™s the same as on Rytm/A4.

not a bug. Like most posts in this thread tbh

3 Likes

yeah, seems it never bothered me before because on the Rytm and the A4 i have Performance Features - so i can actually jam live and dont need to program everything :wink: First time i noticed: This is really annoying!

Donā€™t sell it yet. Just lay it aside for now until major bugs are solved and try again. Then sell if you still donā€™t like it.

I wouldnā€™t sell t with such a loss. Though Iā€™m pretty sure you can get decent money for it as itā€™s pretty hard to order one from stores right now.

When live recording parameters, sometimes the whole sound changes drastically. Is this by design or a bug?

When I live record say panning I expect it to record it as I hear it, yet when the pattern restarts the sound is totally different.

Live recording on elektrons enters the plocks per step on the sequencer, so if you make smooth adjustments over a 16 step pattern, it will play back not smooth but rather in 16 stepsā€¦ Is this whatā€™s happening?

Yes. There is no automation to continuously change parameter values like e.g. in Ableton Live. To some extent you can work around this with the LFO (the parameters of which can also be parameter locked, to a degree making up for the fact thereā€™s only one per track).

1 Like

Thanks! But I donā€™t think thats it. Somehow it changes the sound tooā€¦ but not every timeā€¦ it could be some setting on the track maybe. When I manually p-lock each step it is fine. I need to figure out how to reproduce it :sweat_smile:

It usually happens after Iā€™ve already done a bunch of things, something, somewhere is somehow changing more than the parameter Iā€™m live recording. Sounds like it cuts off filters or some amp/env stuff.

I canā€™t seem to find the pickled herring in my DT, kind of annoying because I really like it, and Iā€™d like to enjoy it with my midsommer DT jams.

Unless the pickled herring was in fact just a red herring?:confused::kissing_heart:

If someone can send me the pickled herring, thatā€™d be great. (@Ess, Iā€™ll have yours if its only going to waste!)

Iā€™ll get me coatā€¦

3 Likes