Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

P-Locking Values on multiple Steps at the same time is still not possible! Filed a bug report now.

Also it would be cool to be able to switch to the Chromatic Mode instantly while being in Mute Mode. Currently hitting FUNC+TRK only activates Chromatic Mode - you still have to leave Mute Mode with FUNC+BANK first. Annoying, kills every Live Performance with ease if you dont focus like hell :thumbsdown:

4 Likes

Hmm so I ran into a new one, it seems that in one pattern pad number 2 will no longer play a sample no matter what I doā€¦ it keeps on loading in empty and then if I change it to a sample nothing everything else works restarting doesnā€™t helpā€¦ anyone figure out a fix on this one yet?

edit tried restarting again and now it is stuck at start up :confused: hopefully im not bricked

edit2 did a func restart and ran test and it came up with 0 errors. After that it booted up fine. I copied the note data out of pad 2 deleted it, loaded in a soundbrowers file and it worked. Pasted the note data back in and changed samples and the set up back to how it was before and it all works fine now.

Mine stops recording at longer takes - if I go for the 33 second limit (or close), it records the entire time but cuts the sample short at around 20seconds or so. Im filing a ticket for reference. Tricky, though, canā€™t reproduce it with 100% accuracy.

You are creating a MIDI feedback loop. I suspect that you have the it routed to itself in your DAW. Itā€™s most likely a user error and not a bug.

Odd. I do this all the time, works like a charm.

1 Like

This works for me, though. I do this frequently. to use for example the bit reduction for rhythmic effects or temporary delays.

Has anyone noticed that the D encoder is more problematic than the others?, On the SRC screen the sample select box pops up frequently without being touched as does the lfo destination and on the delay screen the feedback is inconsistant when selecting depending on which part of the range you want, for instance 99 is impossible to select but 98, 100 and 101 areā€™nt, this repeats in other areas, cant select 19, 22 or 24 but either side single digits are available. There seems to be more slack in the fine tuning too with this encoder, you can move it quite some distance with no reponse at all.

Really? Mine wont donit either

Letā€™s just make sure we talk about the same thing here, then.

I press FUNC + trig key to create a bunch of trigless trigs. They light up yellow on the sequencer buttons.

I press four of them at once - four fingers pressed simultaneously, one on each button. I turn the encoder that controls the Conditional trigs, and all four of them go from no conditions to 1:4 (for example).

I can also do this for regular trigs - the red ones - and it works there, too.

However, Iā€™ve used multiple edits like this for just a few parameters, though frequently. But from what I can think of, Iā€™ve used this for delay, conditional triggers, bit rate reduction and possibly overdrive.

1 Like

Same here, no pb with simultaneous plocks.
Used on condition, velocity, notes, fx, filterā€¦ no pb.

I actually tried to return mine to the store, but they prefered to send the DT back to Elektron for review rather than refund. That felt pointless. So I still got mine, not sure what to do with it now. I wasnā€™t expecting not to get refunded, so Iā€™m still a bit confused.

Tried again. It wont work. Also pasting several trigs from the copies state wont work.

Hereā€™s a video where I do this now, with success. Seriously odd.

Right. So now, the Digitakt cuts all my recordings short by half, if theyā€™re around 30-32 seconds long. Theyā€™re there when I preview them after recording, but once I save them, half is cut.

Anyone else having this?

Stupid question: AMP envelope release set to INF?

1 Like

Not a stupid question at all. But yes, it is.

1 Like

maybe new issueā€¦

very rarely a sample has refused to play / gone silent for no reason. or has just stopped playing until i manually re trigger it by pressing the pattern number.
iā€™m not changing mute/on/off/src or anything , just pressing the pattern/step button again.
nothing to do with retriggering the lfos/filter that i could see

and i still rarely get the sample import crash , not as much as before.

and finally
sample download via usb is quite slow unless you stop the sequencer.
its probably expected , its nice to continue to tweak things but usb transfer kills a lot of things while its in progress.
Iā€™m assuming this wont happen with overbridge if its streaming a lot of independent audio channels instead of downloading some data.

Ok, so in regards to my cutting of samples, Iā€™ve figured it out now.

Due to some sloppy file management from my end, Iā€™ve loaded multiple versions of the same sample from the +Drive into the project. As in three version of ā€œAndyā€™s Awesome Loop.ā€

Now, the Digitakt donā€™t like this at all. As soon as I call on any other version of the file than the first one I loaded, it cuts it in half.

Itā€™s kind of a user error. But itā€™s kind of not. Why shouldnā€™t I be able to use multiple versions of the same file, once itā€™s in the project? And if I canā€™t - which Iā€™d be prepared to accept - then stop me from hurting myself, goddamit.

Anyway, good thing is, all my spectacular recordings are intact, so Iā€™m off to the mine again to do some serious work.

EDIT: I also unloaded all duplicate samples from the project, to avoid further confusion. Apart from the fact that I could unleash this on myself without the Digitakt stopping me, the Samples and Sounds system makes more sense now. Obviously, I shouldā€™ve called for a Sound file as I continue to develop the track, and not keep diving into the +Drive and just load sample after sample, like there was no tomorrow.

4 Likes

Checked again, it does multiple plock. However it doesnt paste multiple

Mine does :slight_smile: mark as many trigs as your fingers allow. Press Copy while still keeping the trig buttons pressed. Let go. Move to another page in the pattern. Press Paste. Boom.

Just tried it. It works here.

4 Likes