Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

I have had a similar problem. It only happened once or twice, so I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

I have yet to update. Not sure if I should. Is the general consensus that besides midi this is a less stable OS than 1.02?

Just did the 1.03 update and now it is stuck on a screen that says ā€œBOOTSTRAP UPGRADE COMPLETE. PLEASE RESTART MEā€

Iā€™m afraid to manually restart, since it says in the readme file NOT to turn the power off during the upgrade. Any advice?

1 Like

Yep, restart it

4 Likes

Cool. Itā€™s fine. Was afraid Iā€™d screw it up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@phaelam 1.0 bug report:
the verb youā€™re looking for is ā€œworkingā€, with an ā€˜oā€™. For the love of god. Please.

3 Likes

arghhhhā€¦! (not sure why Iā€™m triggered by that so much - some OCD thing - sorry for OT)

4 Likes

mine has now switched of clock send twice, was on when i finished up last night but this morning (and one other time) the box has been unticked when i reboot

Are you sure you are not experiencing MIDI feedback?

2 Likes

I had a crash/ā€œDoneā€-Freeze on a factory reset v1.03 newly created project.
Pattern was playing, pressed Func+Cog for QuickSave.
Digitakt became unresponsive while showing ā€œDoneā€ dialog.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I got too. I expected it to restart automagically like everyone elseā€™s did. No biggie. I hear clicks and pops when saving a project FUNC + PLAY, but only once. Then the next time I restarted I got the same frozen splash screen. But a little bit more work in it and no more of that that after its ā€œwarmed upā€. :fire: I have used the DT as a master to trigger my Monologue synth and used the monologue synth to trigger sounds from the DT. Zero problems besides the initial glitches. Lets hope it stays that way! :pray: Iā€™m loving it though, its brought me closer to my ideal setup than Iā€™ve ever had in my entire life!

Freeze with ā€œdoneā€ on the screen upon saving, not always but every so often.

Mine had no save freezes at all untill about an hour ago, now project save freezes on done everytime, menu pattern save and temp save are still fine though.

Was really happy the past few days of no crashes from MIDI since updating to 1.03. And now it just froze when trying to save a new project. No MIDI connected when it happened. I didnā€™t do a factory reset when I upgraded to 1.03. Like I said before, this is the only instrument/machine that I have in my studio that freezes. Been one month of freezes and crashes :frowning:

My first freeze since update to 1.03 on release day. It got stuck when saving project. No midi connected.

I have opened a support ticket, but posting this year as well.

When I have my Digitakt setup as a slave to my analog RYTM via midi cable I get pops and clicks out of the main audio outs. This happens when the RYTM is in Overbridge mode and when it is not. I tried 3 different cables. If the Digitakt is the master I do not get the pops and clicks. I also donā€™t get the pops and clicks when the midi cable is disconnected.

hm how do these soundā€¦?

Canā€™t really say whatā€™s the origin since I also have a mixer thatā€™s new to my setup, but hearing occasional loud popsā€¦ Iā€™ve noticed these only when the DT is on, idle, and connected to mixer. Mixer to monitors.

Think it could be some cable being an antenna + neighbors switching lights on/off and have nothing to do with DT at all, or it could be the Digitakt, not sure at this point since people have been pointing out clicks & popsā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, mine does it when idle and during play back tho it can take 30-90 sec before it happens and in between when it happens. I have also had it happen while the USB cable is no connected to the unit and everything is set to midi and not midi + USB

Are these recent problems heat related issues?

Are the internal components possibly overheating causing instability?

Are the electronics being driven within their heat tolerances?

Perhaps Elektron have a debug build or secret menu that will report the internal component temperatures.

I also get the pops and clicks no matter what I have connected to the Midi in. They are more present when I have the USB cable plug-ed in. once I remove the midi cable from the unit they stop.

1 Like