Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

had my first exception crash ever 5 mins ago with 1.03… loading a small sample from my Recorded folder to active project.

already created a ticket - hope they´ll be able to fix it rather sooner then later :-/

1 Like

Ditto.

Freezing quite frequently upon saving projects with 1.03. Stopping playback before saving helps, but even then not 100% reliable.

Additionally, after power cycling the frozen unit, one time it also got hung on the initial load screen, showing the logo and OS, but never progressing to the logo dissolve or further without power cycling again. :confused:

Crashes when loading samples: much less frequent but still happening - I got one crash so far.

Update: crashes seem to have been replaced by freezes. It is also very random - e.g. loading the same sample that caused the initial freeze will not recreate the issue

Discovered bug-
set Master length to infinite and the chain length to what you want, say 64. Now chain the pattern If you only play the pattern once in the chain it’s fine but play it more than once and it never changes.

I’m getting the same extreme slowness when saving samples that was reported earlier. Previously with 1.02 the saves were nearly instantaneous. Now they take several seconds each. Does it make sense that saving a 0.25 second sample takes 7-10 seconds?

Update: I tried downgrading to 1.02 and the saves are much faster but the “Saving” message is no longer displayed while the sample is written to the +Drive and saving still takes twice as long as it did on 1.02 previously. Ugh.I also deleted most of the files I had already transferred to the +Drive in case the issue was due to a lack of space (unlikely but worth a shot). That made no difference. I am so frustrated. Whoever decided to release this device for sale before so many major bugs were fixed should be ashamed.

I deeply regret ever upgrading to 1.03. I highly advise everyone to stay away from this release.

On the SRC screen the sample select seems to be opening on its own now and then, I have noticed it most when adjusting tune and play direction but it could be a coincidence. Sometimes the screen bugs out as it flicks back and forth between the two, I wonder if its an encoder problem as there was a similar issue with others registering .01 movements on there own in both previous updates, anyone else getting fantom encoder drift?.

1 Like

When in assign and scrolling thru samples, the sounds play in the proper list order but everything is offset by one or two slots. So sound 1: kick. Might not play until I scroll to sound 3. And so on and so forth.

I seem to be getting a sample playback bug where if I load in and replace a sample too many times in a row that pad will stop playing until I reboot. I have had a crash while turning midi cc knobs while running a sequence for an extended period also.

1 Like

Yeah, while midi seems much more stable 1.03 seems like over all a much less stable build… maybe try moving your sample to another folder, who knows it might load in… or renaming it, file systems can be fickle

had a bug thats continued from 1.02 into 1.03.

When running the digiakt from ableton I get aggressive pops and clicks. only happens when running under external clock. At first I thought it was my interface but pops are audible through headphone out of digiakt too.

audio sample linked below

I can confirm this as well, a lots of clicks and pops. mind you i never had them on 1.02

1 Like

I’ll just jump in to say thank you guys for doing beta testing :facepunch:

• when sending midi note 60 to DT, the note off is ignored, resulting in a stuck note

• sending NRPN to DT seems to not work

1 Like

I can isolate this problem on only 1.02.-project-related.
All presets and new projects run without this crackles, no matter of incoming sync. My DT runs on send and receive (sync) without any problem.

1 Like

The new default kit seems to be kick/snare/3toms/hh/ride/crash but the Master page (FUNC+LFO) still lists kick/snar/tom/clap/c.b./c.hat/o.hat/cymb. Might be better just to leave these level adjustments as the track number instead 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 in the short term and maybe the sample name in the long term?

4 Likes

I definitely would go with the track number. Sample names would probably be limited to too few characters to be meaningful.

This is an excellent suggestion if implemented would help bring further clarity to the instrument.

I have not been bound to the orange labels printed on the case… it is a sampler after all. I am throwing a lot of different things onto my tracks.

3 Likes

almost no crashes, only once when saving (quick save)

but… sometimes I have to press func+no twice before I reload my settings…
and then I miss the drop :frowning:

Same problem with mine even since 1.02

Some weird things…
Pattern chained 4 to 1 when sampling an external device
One freeze when saving a sample (no sequencing, manuel trigger)
And this octave midi difference between what i play with a keyboard and what DT plays

[quote=“BabyBreath, post:44, topic:41044”]
Freezing quite frequently upon saving projects with 1.03. Stopping playback before saving helps, but even then not 100% reliable. [/quote]

Yep. I thought maybe it was only when a pattern was playing, but like you said even that is not 100%. It’s like a bug with a conditional trig on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like