Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

I’m very sorry to hear about the freezing.

I don’t eat pickled herring or celebrate midsummer, so I’ll go ahead and report this as a bug in our system, and reply to those who reported it in our support system. We’ll be back in full force on Monday and will make sure to fix it as soon as possible.

However, the freezing seems to only happen when you do a quick save of the Project. Meaning pressing Func + Cog Wheel button (Save Proj)

Saving from the Project menu seems to be working fine, I have not gotten it to freeze when doing that. So make sure to save from the Project menu instead of the quick save. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(To save from the Project menu, press the Cog wheel button, select Project and then Save Project As)

13 Likes

Thanks, @Ess

I wanna point out that I fully support and endorse the Digitakt and Elektron. My decision is more from a practical point of view. It remains unstable. Currently, that doesn’t work for me. But I remain confident this will sort itself and am happy to help, for what it’s worth. If so, you know where to find me.

And I don’t eat herring either. I am convinced no Swede actually appreciate the Midsummer herring for real. But bound by tradition, we must eat our herring until social doctrine says we don’t, anymore.

2 Likes

I had it crash by saving via func+cog wheel when a sequence was playing, but it didn’t crash when I stopped the sequence first.

2 Likes

Hi Simon,
is it recommended to perform a Factory Reset?
I am aware that you recommend it to make the
Updated factory presets available…

As I started my projects in 1.02 culd it be that those “old” projects cause the freeze, when I do the quicksave?

best
f.

The MIDI fixes seem great. I left the DT running last night with 8 channels of MIDI firing continuously, including program changes and external clock sync. Was still running fine this morning.

Only current real bug I’m noticing is the quick-save freeze as mentioned already.

I’ll be opening support tickets soon to get an official “bug vs product limitation” on some of the lack of parity between MIDI tracks and audio tracks. Currently the following two come to mind:

• Cannot COPY / PASTE MIDI tracks (e.g. to copy the SRC / FLTR settings to a new track)
  • Cannot retrig MIDI trigs
7 Likes

Updating the firmware doesn’t disturb any projects, patterns, or sounds. You won’t lose a thing.

After updating, if you choose to do it, a Factory Reset (from the [FUNC] + power on menu) will only replace project slot 01, sound bank A, and the loaded project. Before you do this: make sure you have nothing you want in sound bank A.

So, just save your project to some slot other than 01, upgrade the OS, reboot, then reboot again with [FUNC], Factory Reset… and voila, you are on 1.03, with all the factory content, and your patterns intact.

5 Likes

Before opening a ticket:

1. I got some annoying crackles on the mains as well as on headphone out. This running 1.02-projects.

2. My metronome only produces some crackled pops rather than familiar click-sounds on my other maschines.

I ran test mode, did factory reset twice. Preset project runs without any problems at all.

Anyone an idea?

1 Like

I see, thanks for the clarification! :+1:

Not happy about removing the transport send and receive, as I use that with devices like my TT-78 which cannot disable it’s onboard sequencer. All other Elektron boxes other than the Heat have this option - I don’t have an OT, but I’m pretty certain it does. I hope they bring it back.

2 Likes

Can’t you switch the tt78 to an empty pattern- so the sequencer is running but doesn’t trigger anything?

1 Like

That’s a good idea - thanks.

I’m curious if folks who are experiencing crashing on 1.03 are experiencing these crashes while in Projects that were created in 1.01-1.02.

And I wonder if anyone is experiencing crashes in 1.03 while in a Project created in 1.03 , and if so, what are the conditions of those crashes?

3 Likes

Dont forget to also get your sounds out of bank A!

1 Like

Interesting. I will try this and report back.

Deluge looks interesting! thanks for sharing

I keep getting crashes in midi mode this happens mostly when I stop the sequencer it freezes.

I worked on a project today on 1.03 and it froze repeatedly when saving. I wonder if it has to do with me using different pattern lengths for different tracks. Anyway it would save and then lock up on the screen that says “Done”. You have to do a hard shutdown (turn it off) to get it to work again.

no crashes here on 1.03 projects thus far. extensive sampling, sample importing, loads of locks, different track lengths, trig conditions etc. DT din midi master controlling a beatstep pro, volca & ms20 mini. ain’t tried midi in yet or usb midi.
nb - saving projects using pattern menu, not func+cog shortcut.

It’s weird that the quick save shortcut crashes but the other way doesn’t. Since they’re likely calling the same code, it’s probably a threading issue - wait, do these embedded OSes even have threading??

1 Like

Mine freezes when I stop the pattern with midi or without never did this in 1.02