Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

I found that while playing a pattern if I have usb plugged into the computer and I do function yes to save template and before that text is finished displaying do function save project then hit yes the song will continue to play but you can no longer use any of the buttons and none of the buttons flash, its just stuck saying done on the screen. restart and everything is fine, tested with usb not plugged into my PC and it functions properly saving.

2 Likes

FUNC + Save Project frequently results in freezes. Pattern will continue to play but the [Done] message stays on the screen and I have to turn it off and back on.

2 Likes

I have run into a similar unresponsive bug when saving… I noticed it only happens if the USB in hooked into the computer for me. Did you have you unit plugged into your pc by usb?

yup.

will try it unplugged.
i also thought i was going a little mad when the transport controls vanished…glad i’m not the only person.

i do like digitakt , its the main thing i now use , getting nice results very quickly…going to delve into much more midi/external gear over the weekend.

I think the implication from the release notes was that it didn’t really work before: transport reception was really governed by the clock reception - and those check boxes were placebos. That all said, I’d prefer separate controls, too.

1 Like

My digitakt has crashed twice and needed to rebooted. The first time during usb midi and other time while making changes to a pattern. This all happened within a few hours. WHY!!!

From the lastest manual:

After a pattern is selected, and before releasing any key, [RECORD], [PLAY] and [STOP]
can be pressed to copy, clear or paste patterns without leaving the active pattern. It is
possible to clear and paste multiple patterns at the same time.

Saddly, this doesn’t work. Pressing [STOP] while holding down [PTN] + [TRIG] just stops the sequencer, not paste into the newly selected track (which is what I want).

Mine crashes constantly while saving.

I’m done for now. Three crash-ridden releases is enough. I feel Elektron’s struggle and I’m confident they will figure this out. I remain supportive and I trust Elektron and love what they do.

But I can’t keep using an instrument I can’t rely on. That’s just a pragmatic truth, nothing else. I look forward to the Digitakt when it’s released, but it’s not, yet. It’s in beta with crashes. When it’s not, I’ll be back.

I’m going for the Deluge now.

4 Likes

Not back to Octatrack ?

1 Like

Nah. After tasting the Digitakt, that’s my preference. Once it’s stable, I’ll come back to it when I can afford it again.

The Deluge appeals to the more traditional composer in me, so I’ll nurture that side now and put hardcore sampling on hold.

1 Like

I’ve been yelling on the rooftops for months, why buy the first version of something before they’ve got all the kinks worked out? It’s bound to be disappointing.

It has both manufacturing/QC defects to be fixed and firmware needs before it’s solid.

Was about to sacrifice a few patterns and sounds to do a factory reset for 1.03 :sweat:
Question is, is it still worth updating? Was soo looking forward to a hassle-free MIDI sync

From this point, it’s hard to argue. I feel I’m learning something here. I guess it’s nice that I can still be naive about certain things while still just turning 42.

But anyway, lesson learned.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear about the freezing.

I don’t eat pickled herring or celebrate midsummer, so I’ll go ahead and report this as a bug in our system, and reply to those who reported it in our support system. We’ll be back in full force on Monday and will make sure to fix it as soon as possible.

However, the freezing seems to only happen when you do a quick save of the Project. Meaning pressing Func + Cog Wheel button (Save Proj)

Saving from the Project menu seems to be working fine, I have not gotten it to freeze when doing that. So make sure to save from the Project menu instead of the quick save. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(To save from the Project menu, press the Cog wheel button, select Project and then Save Project As)

13 Likes

Thanks, @Ess

I wanna point out that I fully support and endorse the Digitakt and Elektron. My decision is more from a practical point of view. It remains unstable. Currently, that doesn’t work for me. But I remain confident this will sort itself and am happy to help, for what it’s worth. If so, you know where to find me.

And I don’t eat herring either. I am convinced no Swede actually appreciate the Midsummer herring for real. But bound by tradition, we must eat our herring until social doctrine says we don’t, anymore.

2 Likes

I had it crash by saving via func+cog wheel when a sequence was playing, but it didn’t crash when I stopped the sequence first.

2 Likes

Hi Simon,
is it recommended to perform a Factory Reset?
I am aware that you recommend it to make the
Updated factory presets available…

As I started my projects in 1.02 culd it be that those “old” projects cause the freeze, when I do the quicksave?

best
f.

The MIDI fixes seem great. I left the DT running last night with 8 channels of MIDI firing continuously, including program changes and external clock sync. Was still running fine this morning.

Only current real bug I’m noticing is the quick-save freeze as mentioned already.

I’ll be opening support tickets soon to get an official “bug vs product limitation” on some of the lack of parity between MIDI tracks and audio tracks. Currently the following two come to mind:

• Cannot COPY / PASTE MIDI tracks (e.g. to copy the SRC / FLTR settings to a new track)
  • Cannot retrig MIDI trigs
7 Likes

Updating the firmware doesn’t disturb any projects, patterns, or sounds. You won’t lose a thing.

After updating, if you choose to do it, a Factory Reset (from the [FUNC] + power on menu) will only replace project slot 01, sound bank A, and the loaded project. Before you do this: make sure you have nothing you want in sound bank A.

So, just save your project to some slot other than 01, upgrade the OS, reboot, then reboot again with [FUNC], Factory Reset… and voila, you are on 1.03, with all the factory content, and your patterns intact.

5 Likes

Before opening a ticket:

1. I got some annoying crackles on the mains as well as on headphone out. This running 1.02-projects.

2. My metronome only produces some crackled pops rather than familiar click-sounds on my other maschines.

I ran test mode, did factory reset twice. Preset project runs without any problems at all.

Anyone an idea?

1 Like