DFAM mind melting thread

Kick-But tracks, guys! Should go more into BRTRZTZRZTR-territory next jam-session :star_struck:

3 Likes

I totally feel that sentiment. Things just become tight all of a sudden

2 Likes

I posted the audio of this on another thread but here is the video:

Going to try and make this a full track this weekend! Head explosions everywhere

9 Likes

For less than a 100ā‚¬ you have CV.ocd which is way more powerfullā€¦
I own hexinverter mutant brain which is the same, one setting I am using now is 2 cv pitch outs in chord mode, velocity plus mod wheel, sometimes 3 cv pitch outs plus velocity when using and additional external oscillatorā€¦ two gate outs plus accent, several midi clocks plus start/stop gate for DFAM sequencerā€¦

3 Likes

EDIT: Didnā€™t get any feedback on this and free plan has limited space so poof there it goes

How dare you

22 Likes

:no_mouth:

I adore my Digitone!

1 Like

sounds way different anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i actually like digital FM better, and own DFAM.

2 Likes

Hehe just kidding, couldnā€™t resist. :smiley:
These tracks sound great btw.

4 Likes

All good. I would have done the same :joy:

Yea I am hoping this thread will get some healthy continuation.

So far so good!

1 Like

I like this a lot. So you can send CV into the analog RYTM as well. What are you sending into the A4, sync or anything else?

Iā€™d love to sync and modulate my RYTM with CV, I just canā€™t figure out exactly what I need to do.

Currently my DFAM chain is Keystep receiving clock from Ableton, sending gate out to the SQ1 and then I get wierd with the SQ1 and DFAM.

This is what Iā€™ll call all my shits from now on.

2 Likes

The A4 sends a CV gate to the advance input on the DFAM. The gate is just a clocked rhythmic pulse.
And the A4 for is clocked via MIDI from the OT
That was the quickest setup I could think of to get the jam going.

First I had just the A4 connected to see how things work out, but I had so much fun with sounds that I couldnā€™t wait to add drums. You know itā€™s good when things start to get a little out of hand.:sunglasses:
From there it was pure fun.

2 Likes

In spirit of the slow dirty grit like jam that @Fin25 posted to start the thread, hereā€™s what I got lost doing for 3 hours today.

Top DFAM is sequenced with CV. Bottom DFAM is just Clocked and comes in around 1:20.

Same sequence foreverā€¦but whatever I was feeling it :joy:

Boom baps from blackbox.

10 Likes

Really clever solution! Thanks for sharing ā€¦ I ordered one yesterday.

Unless I am mistaken, I donā€™t believe the OCD will do the same thing. I am currently using the BSP to sequence the DFAM but the genius of the MAFD is that it ā€œcountsā€ the advance trigs so that you can map a sequence of notes to each DFAM step to create more complex sequences.

1 Like

Not the same thing, CV.ocd gives way more midi control not limitted by the 8 steps ins the sequencer (eg Velocity, osc1, osc2, mod wheel and several gates trigers, clocks etc) You can still use the internal sequencer to modulate other parameters ā€¦
With it DFAM becomes a propper melodic synth, great for bass and leads

1 Like

how am i supposed to resist getting a dfam now? very nice stuff hereā€¦

2 Likes

Wow loving the sounds. I think the DFAM is what I wanted the M:C to sound like. I donā€™t own either but Iā€™m comparing videos of the two and Iā€™m just loving the DFAM sound so much more. The M:C drums sound more sterile and less gritty to me.

Edit: Didnā€™t realize DFAM is more than double the cost of M:C at $650.

2 Likes