Delays in Digitakt devs and other feedback

This explains why none of the bugs in the Digitakt have been fixed in the last 7 months. Elektron was too busy creating new products instead of finishing the Digitakt. Their small development team was and still is spread out too thin. It says a lot about Elektron that they choose to create new products instead of finishing and fixing the existing ones.

11 Likes

Yeah, give them time they will release fixes, they have shown this in the past.
They need to make money to stay in business and pay for developers year in and year out plus all the other costs of marketing etc. I think they know what they are doing.

5 Likes

They already had 7 months to fix the bugs but they choose to use that time to develop new products and create new software that will in turn create new bugs. It’s been over a year since the Digitakt release. How much time should a customer give Elektron to fix a product from its release date?

1 Like

@moo It’s not like :3lektron: left a box with no updates.
If you find bugs, just report them.
My 9-months old DT is working pretty fine, might be because I use it mostly alone, but as soon as I see something weird I write a ticket : that’s the way to do !

Moaning here has absolutely no impact on the world, it doesn’t make things better. Stating things as if it’s real when in reality you have no clue what’s happening behind the scene is only making things worse for people that rejoice to have the opportunity to get a fine instrument…

7 Likes

Quite sure that contributes to it being stable for you.

Stating facts is moaning? And one could argue about the benefits of moaning and blowing off steam, complaining and letting things out. It makes most people feel better to get things out of their system. I know I feel better :sunglasses:

They’re looking to hire coders. Gives a good insight in whats happening behind the scenes.

3 Likes

For me elektron has already lost credibility for a while with these toys

3 Likes

Digitakt users are not the only ones waiting, rytm users are waiting for the new OS to use transfer app. You’re making me grow old in front of this fucking forum!!

2 Likes

I’m very happy for you that your DT is working ‘pretty fine’. However, it’s pretty obvious that behind the scenes Elektron have been working on a new product whilst delaying updating and adding features that were clearly part of the ‘sales pitch’ of the product they released nearly 12 months ago. I’m sorry but if that is acceptable to you then thats fine but please don’t tell others how to react when clearly we have a right to be pissed.

12 Likes

I moved this discussion cause it was turning out of topic.

@Krell it’s been stated that Overbridge team is different from the one that works on programming the machines.
While it’s a pity OB is not out yet, Elektron has stated several time that they are working on releasing as quickly as possible.
DT is less than a year old and has received 4 firmware updates since its release.

Now about the tone, please have a read at the Guidelines and in particular this chapter :
https://www.elektronauts.com/faq#improve

I am trying to make the place the most comfortable for anyone to read.
By contributing positively (e.g. submitting bugs, explaining things, discover new way to use a device), you make this Community better.
@Krell/@moo By ranting, you just make this place a bit sour.

3 Likes

…haha the MODS on this forum are so damn brainwashed, that all my posts about the digitone, and the ethic of elektron was deleted before it even has been posted.

I think this is a wrong way. The digitakt is so damn unstable that a hick-up and hanging notes etc. should have been mentioned as a feature!!! 'cause it’s so present, all the time.

one year of wait is a total mess.
word.

2 Likes

There’s a really odd under current of forum users who really have a bee in their bonnet about perceived lack of updates/developments.

All their machines work perfectly fine for the vast majority of users. It gets right on my tits reading snidey, greeting faced comments on a number of threads with constant digs about wanting updates and the likes.

8 Likes

There are some seriously basic flaws/omissions with the machine, even if the majority of bugs for the majority of users have been ironed out. The lack of ability to copy MIDI data between different patterns; the lack of ability to back up tracks; the lack of Overbridge support. We’ve been waiting for months with very little communication or updates. It’s not really good enough for an expensive product.

6 Likes

you’re right and this is no beta stuff, it’s rolling far too long

@JohnnyEgo I love my Elektron machines, and am plainly self-conscious, or at least as much as I can. And every word I write expresses the deep respect I have for every person here.
I would appreciate a bit of respect in return for the work we Mods do here to get this place comfortable. You only see things from your perspective, I believe.
Now if you have a problem with my moderation, please enlighten us Mods with your clear vision of the reality in private.
But Digitakt is not even a year old. Word.

@cupfungus the three points you raise are indeed valid. I can only hope these will be addressed in the near future.

1 Like

The OP here should’ve remained in the Digitone topic.

Also what is with this splitting topics and hiding people’s posts? I’m talking about Nagualizer’s posts. They’re being moved to a topic thats not accessible to anyone. Why is this done? Why not just delete this posts instead? Why move them out of sight but in a way that everybody can see his posts have been moved. Kind of weird.

That’s your opinions and in my opinion the moderation has a big part in that too.

Oh, something completely different but why haven’t you guys changed the pages on the about page? They’re mostly stock and contain stuff like “company_short_name” and “company_domain” instead of Elektron and elektronauts.com (example).

Same goes for the forum rules, they are exactly the same as in any default Discourse installation out there. Usually forums have their own rules and guidelines. And all the default names on the privacy and ToS page just look amateurish.

buddy, I know.

but I seriously can’t understand such moves.

@LyingDalai thanks to move me here, as I dont even own a digitakt

in all nuance: a relative small firm like elektron, has to really use events like namm and superbooth as a free marketing tool: also they are a very innovative company: And they at the top of their game right now: everyone loves them, they found a new target group in € terms…

But I do feel they are overplaying it right now: they thought by removing the 69€ prize tag for overbridge and make it free they could balance the huge delay in development here: But on top of that the way They are dealing with the DIgitakt (and again the implementation of digitakt in overbridge) i feel a bit let down (as an owner) as well: the fx are weak, it misses some general implementation and still quite a few bugs…

Most of all: how hyped i felt about the digitakt at superbooth last year, how i see thru the hype of the digitone right now

(if u asked me a ana-digi hybrid would have been a really thumper)

but people : this is all Consumerism and how it plays out. Digitakt-overbridge is gonna rock sooner or later

1 Like

It’s just very hard to get your head around the idea that we wait on basic features and updates while a new product is developed. If no new product was released we would have accepted the delay with the good grace we have been showing for months now but this kind of feels a little like a slap in the face so yes we are expressing that sentiment. Ironically I would have my order for a Digitone in right now had my experience with the Digitakt not been ‘difficult’. Only one lost sale so not a big loss for Elektron perhaps but it’s a slippery slope to go down. Oh well, sorry to ‘sour’ the forum… please proceed as normal :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@moo Nagualizer’s posts were only calling for flame wars, and were flagged by several people : yesterday evening we had something like 50 posts that were flagged.
By moving the posts to a new topic it just cooled down the discussion. That was a good move IMO.
As I said earlier, if you ever have a problem with my (or any Mods) moderation, please contact us Mods in private and state your case. We have no problem explaining what we do.

Thank you for your contribution about the ToS, indeed this has been left as default and should be changed.
The Guidelines reflect rather well the constructive spirit we try to enforce here. But there are a few things we should add, indeed.

@You all : I appreciate your constructive tone.

4 Likes