Introducing Digitone

7 posts were split to a new topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

Nobody noticed that it doesn’t mention FM on the front panel… and that the block diagram on page 13 of the manual calls it the ‘audio engine’ and not the FM engine…

Just sayin’

2 Likes

listening to the soundlcoud samples again… i love this thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs and other feedback

I know I said no more forums for me until the end of NAMM, but just had to drop by to congratulate elektron for releasing the digitone! Preordered. Now, back to exile…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

so that means you can p-lock the Arp?

For me, it’s a dream machine. Look at the video from SonicState.
THE SOUND IS LUSH! The arp seems to be crazy.

My god, this thing got me. Ordered as soon as I saw the live from Cenke on FB

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

well damn Elektron - you might gave just dragged me back on-board.

When I first saw this announced I was all “meh”…but then I listened to all the demos…

Just wow, first class job.

I absolutely love FM synths - over many, many years I’ve had DX-7, DX-27, FB01, TX81Z, DX-7-II… the last man standing is my trusty DX-21 which
I’ve had for 25 years: 4-op offers the best balance of “great result vs time spent programming” IMHO … but I’ll tell you what -
there’s no way I can get my DX-21 to produce sounds like I’m hearing in these Digitone demos & I reckon I’m a pretty decent &
seasoned FM programmer. Sure the FX are doing a lot - but I have no problem with that - it means my SPACE or Strymon pedals
can sit nicely on something else.
I’m hearing sounds far more akin to what you’ll get from a DX-7 in terms of depth & warmth ( don’t let anyone tell you FM is cold - programmed
properly + some nice reverb etc. a DX-7 will easily fool you into thinking you’re listening to an analogue polysynth ) & I think the excellent Elektron
digital filters are doing a lot of that magic here.
I’m really pleased they’ve gone back to digital after the disappointment ( for me, I’ve owned & sold both ) of the Analog Wool machines ( I have proper analogue synths for those sounds ): for me Elektron
do digital as well as anyone ( still miss my MnM & MD - much better machines than the A4 & RYTM ) & this thing just sounds stellar.

Damn you Elektron - I won’t be an early adopter this time ,but if I keep hearing more sounds like this & the bug / problem count is low this is going to be
hard to resist ultimately.

3 Likes

Dumb question: is the Input L/R transmitted to Overbridge?

2 Likes

Agreed, it does sound really compelling.
Happy to wait for the dust to settle though.

1 Like

It does appear to respond well to a midi keyboard, not a concern per se, but manipulating the sound with real controls unlocks the quality from the few examples I’ve seen. Happy to be wrong on that as new vids appear.

Yep!

1 Like

Thank you, dear, I’ve only reached p.20 so far ^^

About 20 posts about it

1 Like

loopop’s demo video (instrument only) is worth listening all the way through. If there isn’t something in there to excite rhythm-oriented folk looking for a decent kick, you need to upgrade your headphones / speakers to something halfway decent.

8 Likes

Will it be possible to enter notes with an external MIDI keyboard while by holding down a trig key?

In opposite to the DT manual, the Digitone Manual lacks any hint that an external MIDI keyboard can be used for grid recording. I’m afraid that’s not good news, because when it comes to real-time recording, the external keyboard is explicitly mentioned.

I may have been a bit violent myself with my anti-ranting rant ah ah, sorry for that disturbance :wink: