Custom gear

Who makes this folding zigzag stand?

i only have a laser-cut logo on my gig machines, to ease identification in case it’s snatched, or if just someone else at the venue has the same unit.

1 Like

I couldn’t tell you to be honest mate it looks great though. Occasionally someone messages me with a post from this thread asking for a source but it seems a couple of them have been basically wiped from the internet

1 Like

I wanted to do black but didn’t have the right type of dye, so I went with red. I didn’t expect it to come out so deep :slight_smile:
I had to open up my AK to adjust the screen contrast, I could barely read it before. Now it is nice to view at lots of angles. I decided to dye some components at the same time.

10 Likes

thats really nice man what did you use to dye the bits? may be useful to know for future reference. looks great

RIT synthetic dye

Really REALLY dig how this is turning out

Sick man!

1 Like

Thanks!

Did you happen to document the process? It would be cool to have a tutorial on it.

pretty sleek Deluge makeover from the Synthstrom forum

3 Likes

This looks like darf vaders spaceship

1 Like

I like this one, looks like a Macbeth instrument

1 Like

A few minor customizations, swapping out led screens and a phaser I made about 10 years ago from a schematic for a Pearl PH-03.

3 Likes

green digitakt is sick! Complicated?

1 Like

I got the green screen from a seller on AliExpress but I don’t have the part number. The original screen is this one WEO012864J - Winstar Display… I showed this link to the seller and asked if he had an equivalent in green. Removing the old screen is a bit tricky, you have to desolder the screen from the header which is 20 pins so it depends how confident/ competent you are in desoldering or if you have access to a delsodering station. I was quite nervous about tackling the job myself but I couldn’t find a tech locally who was willing or equipped to do it. I had to cut 2 of the plastic retainer clips at the pins end of the screen with a stanley knife, the lower two can be unclipped. I had to use the side of the soldering iron to heat up all the pins at once and wrestle the screen upwards. I found that once it started to come unstuck it came off fairly quickly but it’s not a job to be taken lightly. My DT’s screen got smashed when a Nord rack fell on it The unspeakable horror . Shipping it off to Sweden would have cost over £100 in postage plus maybe another £50 for the screen and repair.

1 Like

18 Likes

Are these available for purchase?

1 Like

Little later

1 Like

It’s definitely sweet looking. BorgTakt