Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Matriarch + Blackbox drums hitting the SiX compressors hard

4 Likes

that second one… took me back to hazy campfires with friends in the 90s…

instant nostalgia gland throbber :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

DFAM, Lyra, Acidbox and Quadraverb.

6 Likes

Inspired by the weirdness here I have been playing with the feedback osc in the A4 MKI. This is a couple passes with tons of internal modulation and locks doing things to the filters and the AM. Drums from the RYTM via the Landscape Stereofield in keeping with the feedback theme and a touch of Valhalla Room.

2 Likes

metal yet organic.

1 Like

This sounds exactly like the sort of thing John Peel would have played. Fucking sorted man.

2 Likes

One of the most revelatory experiences of my life started with John Peel saying “and here’s a nice little track by Embalmer, from their recent record, ‘There Was Blood Everywhere’, it’s called ‘The Necro Filing Cabinet’

What an honour it must have been to have been played on his show.

1 Like

I got a phone call from John Peel once, I was 15 years old, was supposed to be sitting a geography exam, but thought it was a better idea to stay at home. I had written a letter the radio show asking for the details about a certain record he played. And he called back, he didnt have the details, ’ I just thought I would call for a chat’ and so we did, just chatted about stuff.

What a total fucking legend. He was a huge influence on me as a teenager, and still probably my hero.

11 Likes

Absolutely.
I don’t think I missed a single one of his shows between about 1995 and 2003. It wasn’t just the fact that he played killer music you couldn’t hear anywhere else, it was the enthusiasm he showed for it. I remember the show when he first played “Flossie’s Alarming Clock” by The Cuban Boys, he was so excited, like a kid who’d just won a competition.

I met him once at a festival he was DJing at in Rotherham organised by Pulp, about a year before he died, everyone was taking the piss out of Jarvis cos he had this massive fur coat on, but all John wanted to do was talk about what he’d just seen Jamie Liddell doing and how mental it was DJing in a steel works.

5 Likes

This has a bit of everything (piano, Machinedrum, Matriarch, Subharmonicon, VST strings) but since it was all done today it probably falls under the current sounds category.

9 Likes

I had an hour to kill so…

10 Likes

Duuuubby chooords. :drooling_face: Analog 4 + Live

5 Likes

I’ve been loving the Machinedrums weirdness lately. It can get so hectic and modular"ish" sounding.

3 Likes

Been tired lately so really enjoying calm piano sounds from KeyScape and some light filter/reverb in Bitwig. This reminds me a bit of Celeste.

4 Likes

Little bit of what my next record might sound like.

Or not.

I’m pretty fickle.

3 Likes

“Fin25 è mobile” does not scan, especially if you use “venticinque”, but substituting “Adam” works.

1 Like

This. Single biggest influence on me growing up. I won a few of his competitions / giveaways, and he invited me for a chat at a Low show. Admitted I was normally the only one entering the contests :laughing:

Also this. Still got all the tapes… Used to record the show and listen on Walkman on my paper round, stopping in the middle for a spliff

2 Likes

Fooey

1 Like