Critter & Guitari 5 Moons Multitrack Recorder/Looper

Critter & Guitari 5 Moons Multitrack Recorder/Looper:

Price is $325

22 Likes

how do you keep your beer from tipping over?

1 Like

I’m tired and read this as “Ciat Lonbarde” recorder/looper (but it’s easy to confuse). Nice stuff

3 Likes

I do think C&G secretly hates midi though.

perhaps not so secretly…

1 Like

Practice.

Or, you turn to someone and say @HoldMyBeer

3 Likes

~Hold My Bear has entered the chat

6 Likes

Looks like a useful box but not sure about that UI. Two rows of identical unlabeled buttons, some with destructive effects…

3 Likes

I’m not feeling this one. Good luck to them though, love the Pocket Piano forever.

1 Like

This sort of a dream device for me but I really need stereo i/o, eq and if I’m able to be greedy would love an aux send

It’s to the point where I wanna learn how to
design it myself.

I feel like a lot of companies have tried to emulate a tape style looper but never include all the things I love about em.

Beautiful device though could see myself buying one for a portable setup that actually never leaves my studio đź« 

5 Likes

Looked like a dream looper first but no sync as far as I understand

I think this looks pretty useful. Especially the price. I’ve gotten so used to all these high prices everywhere that maybe this is expensive for what you get but at this point seems like a bargain. To me, it’s an alternate to the little TE mixer and all the other overpriced gadgets and gizmos out there. Yeah, sync and midi would be nice but, not a dealbreaker for me. I get tired of worrying about all that and sometimes just want to jam so I don’t mind manually syncing everything. Loose can be good.

1 Like

What a terrible demo! But i love loopers and this is the smallest i’ve seen so far. Pitching and reverse would have been nice.

1 Like

Om first glance this looked pretty interesting. I like the idea of small looping recorders, but feels like this one misses a few marks.

• Sync would be nice.
  • Pitching and reverse as @Dr.K mentioned
  • The black screws looking too similar to the buttons, these can be changed but just feels hurried.
  • Would have been cool to see them use bamboo. It’s more sustainable and durable, and would be a nice change.
  • Not battery powered. Sure with usb, but the less cords the better.

The price point is ok, and will no doubt be a good alternative to the upcoming TE TP-7 which will no doubt not be as affordable.

I agree. On second thought, I need battery-powered. So sick of cables everywhere. I really wish I could afford to put a battery in my OT. Anyway, if this had an internal battery I would figure out some way to get one.

MIDI for Christ’s sake!

Was about to insta-buy … then … monophonic … gah.

1 Like

if $125 instabuy

Shame they didn’t team up with Bastl to make this a 5 input stereo mixer with stereo recorder and looper.

7 Likes

Will be great for social media influencers but has little to no real-world use outside of making weird unquantised random loops, which will sound nice and pretty through a delay but you can do that sort of thing with your phone these days.

1 Like

I think this really invites thinking outside the box and creativity.

I was using it last night for the first time. I wasn’t sure what would sound good, then I started to embrace happy accidents. In 2 minutes a made a really pretty and interest ambient piece that was constantly changing and morphing, and playing with the faders to bring loops in and out.

There’s very little this thing does, but it is small and convenient and I could see someone using this in specific ways to make really really cool stuff. It’s very much up to the user.

2 Likes