A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Well, there’s spam egg sausage and spam, that’s not got much spam in it.

8 Likes

Erica Synths Steampipe : the only demo I’ve heard is pretty meh, and it actually sounds very close to Reaktor’s Steampipe 2. For now, I’m not convinced.

Man I dream of a VL70m mk2 ! Or, even better, a new version of the VL1m, but price wise, the VL1m seems like the Monomachine of physical modelling windsynths.

2 Likes

I guess with the Heat+FX announced we really aren’t gonna see some new firmware for Rytm/A4 at Superbooth :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t think this has been posted .

https://www.critterandguitari.com/5-moons

Thread for 5 Moons.

2 Likes

Afaik HW is a collab with og steampipe creator and Erica.

Nice, don’t know how I missed that apologies

The GearNews article says :

Erica Synths designed this Steampipe with Dutch company 112.dB

Well, they only have 115 other names to choose from, and seem to be sticking to atomic numbers under 30.

2 Likes

The Tiptop ART modules and technology adds one more to the polyphonic Eurorack trend.

Here’s the thread on it :

3 Likes

Alright fams, now where’s that Korg Berlin prototype…

1 Like

I think the Anyma Omega is probably the closest hardware contender at the moment but we’ll have to see how the platform evolves.

I also wasn’t too wowed by the demo but wind controller demos are something that it’d be nice to see more of.

That said if you want to show off something with a wind controller doing volume swells to show dynamic range is probably the easiest thing to wow someone.

Probably a bit tricky though in this sort of environment where you are using a speaker and everyone else is using camera mics with other noise around you.

2 Likes

8 Track Hardware Arranger – Looks dope!

38 Likes
17 Likes

I hate to be ‘that guy’ but I would rather have had a perkons firmware update :-/.

1 Like

im sure i can convince myself that i need this, now that my blackbox doesnt sequence loops/clips anymore. pretty awesome

Fascinating. A dedicated linear arranger in hardware format is a cool idea. As a person who really needs screens and visual feedback, depending on the feature set this could be right up my alley. With the midi IO, presumably can sequence things as well as record audio?

1 Like

Yassss! Can’t wait to read.

1 Like

That looks fucking excellent

4 Likes