Critter & Guitari 5 Moons Multitrack Recorder/Looper

Mine just arrived and the first track came out beautiful. It doesn’t have any new special features but i wanted to add a small looper with independent loops to my studio for some time and the 5 Moons is perfect for me. A reverse feature would be nice though.

1 Like

Just wish it was stereo

It just got a stereo update a few days/weeks ago. Stereo in and out, so it has 5 stereo tracks now.
Otherwise i wouldn’t have got it.

4 Likes

Oh wow

The more I use it the more I like it. It’s deceptively unique and useful. It would be cool to have reverse, pitch and quantize mode, and those are theoretically possible. But as it is now, I really like it a ton.

2 Likes

@circuitghost I think there might be something in this gadget for you. I might be off the mark, but knowing what you like and shoot for, I think it might be worth a look at least?

1 Like

You know me well, friend :facepunch: I’ve had my eye on this since it came out, but I’m not sure what I would use it for. I can do that kind of awesome asynchronous looping on the bbox, so I’m looking for that ”Oh yeah”-factor still.

But it sure looks gorgeous. I want to want to have one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking the black box does this exact thing and has way more advanced features.

BUT, there is genuinely something to be said about different workflow and simplicity. I have them both, and despite both being capable of doing the same thing, they couldn’t be more different.

Either way, it’s gotta be nice to have a lot of people recommend things to you cause we know what you like! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes :slightly_smiling_face: I feel a bit spoiled and loving it :heart:

1 Like

It took me a bit to find out how i can use the 5 Moons in my setup but now i don’t want to let go of it anymore. It helped me find new ways of making music. I could use a daw for the same thing but i like these little compact devices that only do a few things. No screen, no distractions, just record and listen.

Here’s a little ambient piece i recorded:

9 Likes

nice piece. Their website is still stating monophonic input for the 5 Moons. I thought it was updated to stereo?

1 Like

Just lovely

1 Like

Thank you!
5 stereo tracks with the latest firmware.

Is it just stereo playback, or is there some sort of hack that allows stereo recording as well? Reading the specs it seems like the input/output is monophonic.

They really need to update the website with the stereo specs.

Just to clarify, are you saying that the inputs/outputs now accept stereo – i.e. a tip-ring arrangement for L/R?

Now you can record 5 stereo tracks. Interestingly the inputs have always been stereo but the older firmware only allowed mono recording.

1 Like

This is news to me! Super excited to read about this. I’m flying across the country on Wednesday and just realized this and the Lemondrop will pair most excellently for the plane ride.

2 Likes

Cool track mate! I’m on the fence with one:) Are the stems exported as individual tracks after multiple bounces?

If so im totally getting one! Blooper into this would be insane.

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t know about stems after bouncing. Haven’t used the bounce function yet. But you could save the stems before bouncing.