Correct calibration procedure post OS 1.70 installation?

Hi Everyone,
I have just taken delivery of a used AR mk2. The previous owner has installed OS 1.70. However, when I switch the unit on there is a pop up asking me if I want to run the calibration procedure or not.
I have searched loads on forums / the web but there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer regarding whether or not the unit should be at either 1) room temperature before starting calibration or 2) if it should be at operating temperature before starting calibration.
Which is it please?
The manual states the device should be at operating temperature before calibrating the unit. But some forum posts suggest that in the case of calibrating the unit having installed OS 1.70, the unit should be at room temperature before calibration presumably so the unit can calibrate / tune itself for different operating temperatures?
Thank you.

If you are getting a pop up when turning the unit on, it’s the 1.70 (room temp) calibration. Once this is done, there’s no more pop up. So I think it should be fine to go ahead and calibrate at room temperature. If you do a subsequent calibration, which is not 1.70 related, I think you should give it the two hour warm up time first. But you probably won’t need to do this anyway.

1 Like

can’t remember exactly but I think I’ve ran the calibration on a cold rytm (also mk2), like turn it up, transfer the firmware and then running the calibration, everything went fine afterwards…

there are couple of threads though with info about people that had issues and such, you’re not supposed to see the calibration message on every boot, iirc it’s occurring because some step failed or something…

1 Like

Thanks folks. I’ll switch the Rytm off to let it cool down, then run the calibration when prompted when I switch it back on.

For completeness, the device is meant to be calibrated from room temperature with this particular firmware

1 Like

Thank you.