Update 1.7 / Calibration failed

Hi all,

I have a new issue with my Analog Rytm. Yesterday we updated to the new 1.7. After 2.5h i only read the line “please type exit…” and we thought it is finished. But today we started the Analog rytm and on the display it show “start calibration” . Then we started it again. Now after 2.3 hours the same window occurs. But now we recognised that there is written also “calibration failed” …

So now what to do?

Thank you all

This was mine:
Seems a few have had this.
My sound seems fine, but do recognise sone elements of the calibration have not yet run after where it stopped so I imagine it could be better.

I made a support ticket to Elektron so hopefully it is resolvable.

ah ok “perfect” so it seems to be a overal “bug” in the new software. Yes our works fine, two and the new machines are there but i want a sentence like “calibration finished” :slight_smile:
Ok so let us know when you get an answer

Hi Pera,

first things first write a ticket with the detailed error, they need that feedback to fix the situation as quick as possible.
I now prepared everything for the update via Transfer 1.6.7.
One thing I do is let the machine run with the actual 1.61E for 2 hours and calibrate everything before updating.

For you, try to patch back to 1.61E, reboot and get back to the roots of function.
Also make a backup, just for security.
I’ll report as soon as possible if this fixes the prob.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

ok thank you. I will first wait what elektron says and what the result is from your update process. Let us know. I think they must release a patch. I am a software developer, too. Nearly in every Softwareupdate is a bug that must be fixed with a batch. So lets see…

I have same problem; skipp filter and calibraiton failed…I follow the indication in the manual, but I can at the moment pass the calibration

Yo so, update succeeded so far i think!
Following Steps I made:

1. Made a calibration in the older version (with 2h warming up ofc).
  2. Then loaded via Transfer 1.6.7 the new 1.70 for my mk2 (USB-Midi).
  3. A warning prompted too cool down the machine at least 20 Minutes.
  4. Cooled down for like 40 min. and switched on my baby… with a deep breath.
  5. The animation in booting was new and more beautifull in its checksequence.
  6. After reboot, a message prompted to use the new warm up calibration system (did not use factory reset!) which would last 2,5h.
    Okay let’s go.
  7. Check completed successfully. :partying_face:

Now I learn more about the machine, step by step. It works finally, fingers crossed!

Nice to hear. So you downgraded from 1.70 to the previous firmware with no issues?

Well I informed myself about rumors about that patch and thought, that the 2 recalibrations should do the trick. So the patch compatibility should be more granted due to the recent actual calibration of the older version. And then the new one directly afterwards. That’s my theory so far.

1 Like

I sent a ticket, i’m quite worried to down grade to the previos OS. It is safe?

Nice to here so after the uodate you didnt got the message with skip filter an calibration failed?
What do you think. The update took 2.5 h and at the end with the error. So do you think the update worked and only the calibration failed so that i must check if i can calibrate it over the menue without downgrading?

Does anyone have this problem with Mk2 or is it just Mk1s? (Mk1 here and failed)

Hope there’s a patch issued soon to resolve it.

Mk2

For feedback, my calibration fails with around 1:53:50 remaining on the countdown. Same message as reported ‘Filter 2/2 SKIP’.

1 Like

Interesting that it’s Mk1 and 2, hopefully a sign this can be patched to resolve.

I’m definitely not risking a firmware downgrade with the Elektron clear warning message not to do so!

Hi there, another mkI user, same message Calibration failed filter 2!!!

Hi all,

Elektron is working on a fix. At the moment they are testing a beta version. I hope they will release it soon.

Cheers

2 Likes

Support sent me a patch that allowed calibration to be completed. Beta

4 Likes

Thx for reporting and Info!
Sorry was a bit busy over here.
Is a patchback with transfer the best option?
Because when you press shift and switch on, you can flash that patch directly and everything should be fine again i think? Or too risky?

Support will provide the instructions, but as I recall, you drag and drop in transfer, same as for the original firmware upgrade.

Then it will go through the calibration steps, firstly being instructed to switch off for cool down.

Filter 2/2 still say skipped, but calibration will complete. I queried this and support advised it’s not an issue.