CoronaVirus Thread

I’m waiting for Re 3, FF7 and then the last of us 2…but by then, we might be living in a irl last of us…in which case I’ll be stocking up on bricks and shivs.

2 Likes

Nice. My SO is in alcohol sales, so I have at least 100 bottles of wine and spirits in the house, plus some home-made gin. Just waiting for the ok to stay home and get wasted…

Since NYC went from 1 confirmed case on Monday to 6 confirmed so far today, I’d say it won’t be that long now.

2 Likes

You can’t forget the ginger ale, it’s crucial to our survival.

2 Likes

I love your avatar!!!

Henry Swanson’s my name, and excitement is my game!

1 Like

Waving from magnuson park!

I work in food service, not so excited about any outcomes really. My parents are at risk, and my partner is a hairdresser right in downtown. She works with clients who travel, and we both take the lightrail everyday. I’m kind of expecting to get it.

And I’m not touchin my face!

But yeah, maybe I’ll just have some quarantine time with my instruments and some edibles :star_struck:
I dono :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

It’s just a bad flu. Media is blowing up for ratings and click bate. If you have a elderly loved one with underlying conditions take some precautions. Otherwise enjoy your life, we are all dying as we speak.

2 Likes

Actually - the healthcare person on the radio yesterday said the masks (on top of not being able to block the virus) could make things worse, because you’re more likely to contact your face when you inevitably adjust the mask.

Reddit said the cure was “Don’t be old”

8 Likes

Actually needed to buy tp the other day - aldi, colses and woolies had all been stripped bare but the hordes had completely overlooked the reject shop.

1 Like

I don’t believe that most people know how to remove gloves and masks either. I never really thought much about that, but then took first responder training, and was taught the correct ways to do these things. It’s so easy to get whatever you’re trying to protect yourself from on you by simply pulling off your gloves wrong.

2 Likes

I’m aware, and I do have elderly loved ones with preexisting conditions!

Your advice is rather insular. The lives of the elderly and sick are still important, and their risk is reduced when we all change our habits for the better.
Given how contagious the virus is, it wouldn’t surprise me if we see more economic effects after the initial panic.

“We are all dying as we speak” :roll_eyes: heavyyy eyeroll

We are all breathing as we speak!
And some of us listen :grinning:

Now who’s dishin the bad philosophical advice :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

It’s not exactly a bad flu, haha! It’s a completely new thing (mutation). No one is currently immune (apparently)

But on that note, i was reading a french article about the lack of cases in Africa/Africans. I even heard a Nation of Islam spokesperson claim Africans ARE immune. We shall see.

My girl was gonna head down for Comic Con, but all kinds of booths and speakers are cancelling. Yet the show goes on. Assholes! They need to suck it up, cancel and refund or comp tickets for next year.

This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

My point is it’s been blown out of proportion. I live in Seattle, the dna testing shows the virus has bee here for awhile (due to China trying to cover up). Most people thought they just had a cold or flu. Only reason it spiked it because now they are testing for it now.

1 Like

No one is immune…this is true. The PROBLEM is most people will only get mildly sick if at all, which is bad…cuz people can walk around and spread without knowing they are carrying, putting those at risk…at risk.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I do in fact agree wholeheartedly. I have zero fear for myself, wife & kid but this could literally kill off my poor old mum if she got it.

2 Likes

But in that sense it’s just a natural, everyday occurrence. There are things we can do to limit the spread but it will spread no matter what. But as mentioned above, i don’t think it’s anything to freak out over.

1 Like

Solution…

WFH, make beats, grocery delivery. :thinking::grimacing::grin:

1 Like

I come from a long line of crusty old swamp witches, so there’s no need to worry about my elderly parents.

3 Likes

So there are/were witches in Washington?