CoronaVirus Thread

Tokyo governor has asked everyone to go on lockdown to avoid a big spike in cases. We are joining the rest of the world.

Like other spots in Asia, we’ve been seeing an influx of cases from people coming in from abroad. They should probably lockdown more travel as well.

1 Like

Interesting. Now that those pesky Olympics are out of the way.

3 Likes

Yep.

Cool. Gives me another year to really nail my rhythmic gymnastics routine

10 Likes

If you get frustrated with the lockdown, just watch this to see what some of our ancestors went through. Some loose but interesting parallels with the current situation can be drawn e.g. those with means scrambling to get out of Town. It’s well researched, mapping the fate of the inhabitants of one London parish.

1 Like

I hope you get the opportunity next year too.
I suppose all volunteers have other things to worry about now. At least they can dedicate more time to family.

1 Like

5 Likes

US sites are too US-centric. I like to know how it’s going around the world regarding COVID-19, so I’ve been checking here:

2 Likes

For cold weather hand care, I use this - family in Netherlands turned me on to this. Get absorbed into skin faster than Vaseline too.

1 Like

Propolis is excellent for cracked / dry skin and to help healing wounds.

Deaths per million people of population?

Wow. What a way to minimize deaths. Especially when they’re still growing at an exponential rate.

A few things to dissect here.

#1. The United States was even lower yesterday, but that number is on the rise.

#2 There’s a very good reason that you can’t say with which likelihood because undiagnosed cases exist worldwide and are not unique to any one country. This point, which only serves to minimize the crisis, which is highly problematic and dangerous, is moot.

This is a regurgitation of republican talking points, highly dangerous, and you have to ask yourself whose interest does this statement serve? It certainly does not serve the well being of the people.

Exactly, and for that reason the graphic is propaganda. Misinformation. And we should all be calling it by those names.

7 Likes

Boris just sent me a text message telling me to stay home. I asked him to get me some milk but he’s not replying!! donno what to do.

8 Likes

In the US musicians and artists are listed as “Essential workers”. Kind of interesting.

1 Like

As long as Trump get an unpaid leave everything will be fine…

1 Like

Makes me think: the mini orchestra on the Titanic were most definitely essential workers - stayed on the job to the last while all around fled!

5 Likes

Ozzy Osbourne = Crucial to the survival of the US.

4 Likes

Ozzy will bite the coronavirus head off, you will see…:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah indeed. To be frank, so far he’s not really taking part in the thread/discussion and only shares misinformation. It annoys me, and scares me that there actually people believing this crap.

8 Likes

The crucial missing factor is the comparison between number of tests per given number of population. The numbers from a couple of days ago were reported in the Washington Post as follows:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/03/23/coronavirus-count-confirmed-testing/

“South Korea has performed over 320,000 tests — almost one for every 150 people. That is 30 times the testing per capita that we have done in the United States.”

Let’s see what the US numbers look like when there is testing parity per capita.

3 Likes

“institutional cruelty is one thing, but the twisted brain-wrong of a one-off man-mental is quite another. Ted Maul disturbs”

Brass eye reference ftw!

3 Likes