CoronaVirus Thread

:joy::ok_hand:t4:

Ugh. Since working from home, I’ve got my hardware set up and dialed in super tight.

But…the last 3 tracks I wrote this last week have all been in the box.

Freaking CoronaVirus - hahahahaha!

2 Likes

Prince Charles is isolated at Balmoral with Covid19
Prince Andrew is isolated at Windsor with Jennifer, 15

11 Likes

I’m not inspired at all for anything. More scared by the consequences of all this shit than the Covid19.

6 Likes

Is it fair to say that I’m scared shitless of both?

2 Likes

Well either we will have to rethink capitalism or let the working class rot; economy first!! I think the " masterminds" committee will say.

I was having these " hippy" thoughts; we (humanity, or at least western society) see this as a complete disaster but if all those Gaia theories were right (the whole planet as a living organism ) we are completely fucked…:sweat_smile:

There is less pollution these days, I am pretty sure animals had a break in the forest/sea with no weekenders allowed and so on…so if Gaia likes this new situation we better run to Mars…:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

1 Like

At present I have no interest in music making or inspiration either, which really sucks.

1 Like

Plus i’ve read that more fish have been seen in the canals in Venice.

ADDED: Video from France 24 about environmental improvements around the world as a result of the reaction to CV-19 epidemic.

1 Like

…its only gone up 100+ deaths in the last hour and a half in the US :confused:

Shits serious man.

Coco

Me too. Im not in the mood… weird feeling.
Maybe because im worried about friends, family, peoples etc.
This thread comforts me in a certain way but i dont know why.

Unfortunately, ditto!
Got to somehow try and get our mojos back.

I go through waves of inspiration. But right now, I have some time to work on building arrangements, learn cool transition tricks, and using FX sounds.

All things I struggle with

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Thought I would get some songs finished that were stuck in the Ableton Session View mode. Nope. Zero inspiration. So, instead of writing I’m spending time organizing the ol’ sample library. Meh.

1 Like

Yesterday we had 500. I wrote here today could be 6-700…well, I was wrong…740…
At this rate tomorrow will be 900 and next day over a thousand.

I do not think this trend will change until we are in the third or fourth week of quarantine…at least I hope it does by then…

Oh, one more, imo. NPR was originally created in the early 1970s when US public radio stations were trying to cover the Vietnam War - it was their solution for pooling resources to send one shared reporting team to cover the war.

https://www.npr.org/

2 Likes

First week I was kind of addictted to the news, and it is a toxic path to follow…
Keep that to a minimum, do not let that control your life. A timetable is working for me…

:frowning: that’s crazy.

Time for levity…flag if necessary…

12 Likes

I hear you. A few days ago I woke up really groggy with what I recognise to be my own music creative thoughts playing audibly in my head. Next night woke up with a full on panic attack as had been watching news before going to bed…very bad idea.

Having not grasped onto the creative path that my rested soul and brain had provided I gave into the overhwelming events that are happening. I felt 'whats the point anyway? Every creative thing I worked on last year to help in my future and livelyhood and creative fulfilment has been screwed by this stupid thing. Then I recognised this as not only self pity but giving in to resistance. That thing which is explained so clearly in Pressfields War Of Art. (pressfields war of art was not written during a global pandemic but he still had every reason to give up, over and over)

Each of us need to go with real kindness on ourselves right now. Truth is, it’s scary times and we are right to be very concerned.

If ideas do happen to come and time and space allows , then we can try to fully or partly realise them and graciously accept them.
If there is an overhwelming desire to share something, anything with the world for the benefit of others…then follow the path and be courageous.

If time and space allows and If we cannot face creative ideas then we can all learn new things by reading, watching, listening.

talking to myself here!

3 Likes