CoronaVirus Thread

Over the past 16 years I’ve suffered with varying degrees of depression and anxiety. The last 3 years my anxiety levels have been crushing. But it’s usually about hyperthetical pointless crap, or I might wake my wife up at 3 am because i think I’m having a nervous breakdown over a leak in the bathroom. And yet I’m not effected by the reality of my mum having 3 cancer ops in the past 4 years, a clot found in her lung last month and being Wheelchair bound. Somehow I take all that in my stride. And the same thing is happening with this Pandemic. I have no anxiety about it at all. I’m slightly concerned for the safety of my family, but I’m not fearful.

2 Likes

This episode of The mind explained is quite good at explaining in a simple way how anxiety works…I think is a nice watch as many people is going to suffer it these days…

FB_IMG_1584410947444.jpg

Important that we laugh :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

Tell yourself what you need to get by. Just hope you don’t cause anyone harm.

2 Likes

Banish Trump
Vote Humungus
lord-humungus-comprehensive-energy-plan-willing-to-compromise-strongon-defense-55934809

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Computer Video Game Recommendations

Just want to say, I needed to hear that, and I thank you for saying it. My mood is wavy at the best of times, and I genuinely suffer from an anxiety disorder (among a couple others) but the last few weeks has been tough, on all of us obviously…my creativity and the music I make are hardwired into me, and I know soon I’ll go manic as fuck and record a ton of new bits…the gigs I had lined up which where cancelled will happen when they happen…

We live in a cold, cruel and unfeeling universe and we live moment to moment…what we experience as human existence is nothing but a blip in the grand scheme of things…so every moment is real and precious. Bleak times but I’m glad to be here, at this pivotal point.

Edit: also I’ve necked several pints of red stripe in the intervening hours since documenting my despair., so I’ve perked up a bit.

3 Likes

Snorkell mask into non invasive ICU ventilator , conversion video

First done in Italy, now being done in Spain.

1 Like

let’s play some music with modern sound systems
65°C= Covid19 proof.

3 Likes

I’ve decided for my own sanity I’m gonna have to take a step back from the news…I always stick it on In the morning and sink a couple cups of coffee, but lately it’s been on in the background and it’s starting to really twist my melon…tomorrow I’m gonna go grab my bike, and my digitone and start using my lockdown time more efficiently. I have at risk parents to worry about, and they are my priority outside of keeping myself in a workable mental and physical shape.

Thinking I’m gonna have to give up drinking, as I’m starting to drink most nights and then I start craving drugs which is no good for me.

15 Likes

1 Like

Daily aphex virus cure :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Info for US citizens about the Coronavirus stimulus money

The relief bill is likely to pass EDIT>> by Friday and get signed. <<. It’s designed to do many things, including giving assistance to companies to keep people employed and in their jobs, and to improve the unemployment money available to people out of work including self employed gig economy workers out of work, who normally are not covered.

In addition there will be a stimulus assistance check sent to everyone in the US of up to $1200 for individuals, $2400 to couples, and $500 for children. The checks will go automatically via direct deposit if the IRS already has your bank account data, and perhaps to current Social Security recipients. Otherwise you will need to register, with the IRS, (i think), but those checks and money transfers may be delayed. There is a website set up for this through the IRS, though as of right now the information there is only cursory, so you can check back, likely within a few days to get signed up, if the IRS doesn’t already have your data.

I did my best to get this accurate – it’s early so if any of this is wrong, please correct me.

ADDED: As i said the amount of the stimulus assistance is up to $1200 per individual – the actual amount depends on your income. There is no assistance for those making above $100,000 / year or so and the amount tapers off starting above some amount that i am not exavtly sure of, but it’s something like $75,000 / year.

2 Likes

So totally Fake.
That’s the crowd from Trump’s inauguration.

3 Likes

there are a lot of doctors in the states saying “we thought it was just a bad flu… and, you know… an excess of pneumonia cases…” and now saying “yeah, this thing’s been here since September.”

we are SO behind the curve on this.

2 Likes

And now we know in france official deaths are wrong
And Spain just recieved rapid tests bought ( 5 million tests to be recieved)to chinese company Bioeasy and tests in Spain are underwhelming; they do not work, reliability is under 30% when it should be over 80%…better to toss a coin

Maybe that is the reason there has been no more positives in China…no tests no positives, but with tests no positives either

So they will keep using PCR tests, which take more time and need special equipment/personnel but can be trusted, also rapid PCR tests are being devolved but not ready yet.

So next month, the Australian government is allowing people to cash in $10k from their retirement fund immediately instead of waiting until retirement age. I’ve been seriously considering taking them up on this to fund a Buchla Music Easel assuming I can actually find one.

Short sighted I know, but then again my family is a genetic risk for cardiovascular problems and my dad never even made it to retirement age. Plus I’ll already be getting a significant increase in unemployment payments that they actually want us to spend on crap to keep the economy going that’ll largely cover the price over the next 6 months. Already a high risk with my crap lungs and no real way to self isolate - may as well go out with a bang.

5 Likes

Also, anyone finding themselves drinking more than usual?

6 Likes

And eating too…we are going to end up looking like bourbon filled meat balls…

9 Likes

I drank strong beer yesterday to kinda test it on me (not used to anything stronger tbh), and I must say that - while short-term emotional effects were present - alcohol is a strain to my body. I will not continue with this.

Heart is just a muscle, it can be kept in a good shape via regular (yeah I know) exercise; I recommend an endurance training regiment, but keep in mind that there are 2 kinds of muscle fibers, that fiber failure can be had by overstraining/starvation (too harsh a regiment, a-la Crossfit - don’t do that) and act accordingly.