CoronaVirus Thread

They’re not totally clued in on facts and figures yet, but my partner (a nurse) is being reminded constantly at work that there’s no reason why it wouldn’t be like when you get the same flu over again weeks apart.
And if you sneeze on someone???

The Herd Immunity stops the steep trajectory of the virus. Every generation of the virus has slight mutations, that’s why the flu always come back in circulation next year.

1 Like

Saw a doctor saying that it mutates way slower than the flu so there’s less variant for now, so it’s very unlikely to catch it twice.

Unfortunately for Italy, that doesn’t look to good. Too much suffering.

2 Likes

Absolutely hope so.

Have a look at this, 60 Ghz will enable radar for drone, this company builds chips for this application. They even say it could be used for cell phone guesture detection, border securing etc etc.

1 Like

I do not know if it has been discused before, but some people initiatives are going on to help due to global shortage of medical supplies.
Like 3D printed ventilators

3D Printed face shields

Hand made machine washable reusable face masks in spanish ( my sister and some of her friends are going to do)

Changing subject; living in spain or italy is kind of living in the future…we know what is coming…
The goverment today said the worst will come two weeks after the peak infections is reached, which in theory will come by the end of the week, if the lockdown measures do work.

Yea I feel bad for Italy. With the huge retirement population and tourism made them a prime target. China did them no favors keeping the virus hidden from the rest of the world and allowing people to fly in and out of the country.

1 Like

Well, the virus is known to exist for a few months now, and seeing what happened in Wuhan we could have reacted better…but we did not…because of economy…

I do not think there is a single country that has gone into quarantine before it was absolutely necessary. People is dying for weeks now and in some countries there is no quarantine yet

1 Like

This is true, but at some point a down economy will be worse then the virus. No telling when that breaking point be.

1 Like

But if even with a quarantine we are going to run out if ICU in a few days imagine if life just kept going on, we can not just let people die…we would run out of grandpas to tell us old battle stories…

Maybe is time to rethink how economy and society work…

2 Likes

14 Likes

We should all go…:rofl:

1 Like

Not sure we haven’t already…

FB_IMG_1585141013797.jpg

24 Likes

Who?

1 Like

Over the past 16 years I’ve suffered with varying degrees of depression and anxiety. The last 3 years my anxiety levels have been crushing. But it’s usually about hyperthetical pointless crap, or I might wake my wife up at 3 am because i think I’m having a nervous breakdown over a leak in the bathroom. And yet I’m not effected by the reality of my mum having 3 cancer ops in the past 4 years, a clot found in her lung last month and being Wheelchair bound. Somehow I take all that in my stride. And the same thing is happening with this Pandemic. I have no anxiety about it at all. I’m slightly concerned for the safety of my family, but I’m not fearful.

2 Likes

This episode of The mind explained is quite good at explaining in a simple way how anxiety works…I think is a nice watch as many people is going to suffer it these days…

FB_IMG_1584410947444.jpg

Important that we laugh :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes