Computer Video Game Recommendations

I’ve only spent about 30hours in deeprock but it is a really fun game especially with friends.

My recent addiction has been Valheim… really I’m usually not into the craft/survival genre but there is something about this one. Each outing into the world from the little camp I’ve built feels like an adventure, the combat is decently fun, the Psone looking graphics with really nice lighting and weather effects, there always seems like there are new goals to work towards. I’ve yet to jump into a game with friends but even just solo it feels great. Only reason I might say skip it is you might end up losing hundreds of hours to it.

1 Like

OG Modern Warfare was the only game I use to play, what…15 years ago? Had a group of friends that I’d play with on a daily basis. Was really competitive with it, then asked myself wtf am I doing with my life, I could have learned to play the piano with the amount of hours I’ve poured into it. In addition, it would get me really worked up, both good and bad, not to the point of harrasing people, just within myself.

However, long story short, COD is indeed an addicting game to play, and certainly a lot of fun when playing with friends… Theyve got it down to a true science, what with almost every aspect of it, down to the sound the game makes when you tag other players with your bullets, is set up to turn you into Pavlov’s dog.

1 Like

I fell into it, I can’t get out.
Very nice art direction, fun gameplay, awesome multiplayer.
Finished appearance for early access.

:ocean::evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :boar: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :ocean:

1 Like

100% true. I just got a friend into COD who’s a casual gamer and usually plays 1-2 hours a day a few times a week tops. His wife recently texted me and was like “what have you done?! The guy’s been binging COD for days!” lol. I may stage a friendly intervention if the initial rush doesn’t wear off soon :slight_smile:

I’m 150 hours in :man_facepalming:
Game is awesome, have a dedicated server with friends and we have had some awesome adventures sailing around the map
Been a long time since a game has sucked me in like this one. Only other game I played In 2020-2021 was FFVII Remake.
Already put more hours in to this game.
Here’s a shot from my plains outpost

5 Likes

I’m more into board games than video games these days. So a video game recommendation from me would be Twilight Struggle. An excellent digital implementation of a very good board game. In my opinion, few board games translate well to the digital realm, but this is one of the few exceptions.

Other games I currently play and enjoy are “Eleven Table Tennis” on Oculus Quest and “Champions of Krynn” on the Commodore 64.

2 Likes

I’m pretty deep into red dead online now. Really love it. Just wandering about, killing some deer, taking some samples, making some cash, killing some crooks. Good fun, though it could be much better when it comes to pvp-playing and such

3 Likes

what platform are you on?

RD2 both single player and online was like therapy for me. It’s one of the few games that I rarely engage the fast travel as it’s very relaxing just riding your trusty steed across the world and having random encounters on the way. The online for the most part isn’t nearly as hostile and discouraging as GTA was. Although I haven’t played it for quite a while, I’d be down to posse up. PS4.

3 Likes

Word. Me too. My handle is Unclemavis. Hit me up

1 Like

I rarely fast travel as well, just looking for three starred bucks on my way to wherever I’m going :smiley: Sadly, I’m on PC, but very cool that you two guys are possying up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Hades on Switch non-stop for the past few weeks - it’s excellent!

1 Like

35% off on Steam, game looks nice. I might give it a shot.

1 Like

anyone here got a quest / 2?

What’s yer favourite games?

thus far mine are:
walkabout mini golf.
Racket nx.
End Space.
pavlov.
Onward.
Contractors.
The Climb.

n Half life alyx & Star wars Squadron on pcvr.

still getting my vr legs so only just getting into stuff with locomotion.

It’s taken me 12 months to notice that Hyper Light Drifter was ported to iOS. I don’t do games on iOS usually, but this one feels special. Haven’t tried it on my phone, but it suits the iPad really well. Was a bit worried about on-screen controls, but they’re actually fine.

5 Likes

HLD is one of my absolute favorite modern indie games. Atmosphere so thick you could… insert thick descriptor here…

1 Like

So man great games ya’ll are playing. I’ve been recently nerding out with Football Manager, PES21, and Crusader Kings to mix it up with a little intrigue, and royal incest. Hey, when in Rome, am I right?

1 Like

seems like a mixture of Warhammer 40k as FPS, Borderlands and Unreal Tournament

i check it out

Right? Right guys???

:smiley:

2 Likes

CK3 is a game to cherish. I tried to explain it to someone recently and just couldn’t do it justice. There a lot of doing, well, nothing really. But the whole thing is just amazing fun.

2 Likes