Computer Video Game Recommendations

Man…PES…is PES21 worth the extra from PES20? I love that game but was getting a little annoyed with the slowdown in development these past three seasons. That said, easily the best football simulator/game out there.

1 Like

@bwo @Noisebuddy

Steam account : _ kaosphere _

Without the spaces between letters and underscores.

Add me ! :hugs:

Steam was running a sale on the entire Wolfenstein series so I picked that up. Enjoying it - I dig the alt history vibe. I’m SO far behind on all these games that came out so long ago cause kids lol, but they’re finally getting older and I get to sneak some time in :smiling_imp:

Still have Alan Wake on my bucket list too LOL. Hello again 2012!

2 Likes

In a similar boat but I quite like getting these games for pennies, sticking the difficulty to easy and just enjoying the story. Did that with Wolfenstein not too long ago. Don’t think I could have faced playing through that “properly”. 1st person shooters have to be exceptional for me to get in the mood to play them normally these days!

1 Like

Valheim is great fun, but this may be the most important sentence to consider.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s funny every time I play any of these games I’m like “Man I wish this was a movie” lol.

I’ve been playing on the medium difficulty but I’m on the cusp of lowering it cause I’m starting to get frustrated and I really just wanna enjoy the story

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine with just d/Ling an updated roster. I personally don’t notice any glaring differences in the areas that matter.

1 Like

As I understand it, there is no pes 2021, it is only and updated roster. They didn’t create a new game this year to focus on next years next gen release

2 Likes

That is true. I just wasn’t sure if they had improved some animations or added another league. The Smoke patch is pretty good one, and also adds a couple of leagues not available.

Here’s where you start:

4 Likes

I’m late to the party on “Stellaris”, but I’m now getting into it because of current the HumbleBundle sale. $15US for the game plus many key DLC add-ons. Seems like a huge commitment, but the game is very massive and deep. It’s fun and immersive so far, and I like it that you can play and learn at your own pace. I keep coming back to it because it keeps satisfying with new game mechanics to learn and things to discover. Supposedly one of those games you can kind of play forever.

So, if “Stellaris” is managing a galactic civilization from the top-down, “No Man’s Sky” is playing a single entity within a galaxy from the bottom-up. I didn’t enjoy the earlier versions that much, but now “No Man’s Sky” is an INSANELY good value and finally delivers on the initial promise of the game, what with the massive free updates that have been ongoing.

“Star Wars: Squadrons” is doing it for me if I want some quick space combat in THAT universe. A focused and well-made combat sim, reminiscent of the best of the old-school X-Wing/Tie Fighter games.

I’m detecting a theme here in the kinds of games I’ve been playing lately. :thinking:

I had a minor addiction to Stellaris a couple of years back. Mainly because it reminded me of one of my favourite games as a kid: Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain. Like a few Paradox games, it takes time to get into it but when it clicks it’s brilliant.

Haven’t revisited since a load of DLC landed. Might install and check it out again. Got to love 4X games.

1 Like

Is anybody here playing Mundaun? Looks very intriguing to me, but I‘m afraid I might crap my pants.

1 Like

nice, I’ve just started gettin into space games recently too.
just getting to grips with elite dangerous at the moment.
playing it mostly in vr but some on monitor too. it’s pretty mind-blowing in vr.

I’ll have to check out no man’s sky after you say it’s gotten better now. never checked it out cause of poor reviews.

1 Like

Totally zen, very pleasant.

3 Likes

Snowrunner. Slower paced, delivery simulation with mud / snow terrain deformation and many vehicles. Having fun with it currently.

3 Likes

Finally got some time to play the full release. Loving it right now, and it feels like a good way to relax while listening to some new music.

I would highly recommend listening to Neuro… No neuro’s new album Object Models while playing it.

1 Like

I play untitled goose game with my 7 y old son (in multiplayer)
I like it a lot, it is relaxed and a lot of fun
No reason for me to play this on my own
But since it has multiplayer, I think it is amazing!

3 Likes

Sooooo, managed to borrow my friends PS4

What to play!!??

Breath of the wild is my all time fav, so looking for some openworld stuff.

Also, god of war, horizon come to mind

Ps. Got gamepass on Xbox so I’m mostly looking for ps exclusives

if you’re not subject to epilepsy, Narita Boy is simply incredible.

1 Like