Computer Video Game Recommendations

What are some computer video games you love and would recommend? Any genre or operating system.

4 Likes

Llamasoft’s Polybius.

On PC and PS4. Absolutely mind blowing, even more so if you have a VR headset to play it on. Nine Inch Nails even used it in one of their music videos.

6 Likes

enter the gungeon. i’ve sadly clocked over 500 hours in this game alone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Portal, Portal 2
Halo 1,2,3
Half Life 2 + episodes
Munchs Odyssey, Strangers Wraith
GTAV

9 Likes

Metal gear solid

Final fantasy

Red dead redemption

Grand theft auto

3 Likes

If you’ve some how messed it, get Rogue Legacy and sink some time into a brilliant retro inspired gem.

3 Likes

My wife absolutly love Binding Of Isaac. Every game are differents. Very fun and addictive because you loot random items and build always a new setup.
I personnaly love Rocket League. Very competitive and esport friendly. It’s addictive because you improve your skill with your finger and your decision. No level or character progression. Just play and learn to play.
For chilling, I strongly recomand Satisfactory. Build and automate a factory with convoyer belt, miners, transformer, etc… Beatiful world and very nice arpeggio synth music.

4 Likes

Chrono Trigger, Braid.

6 Likes

I like beautiful games where you can explore. Three favorites here:
“The Swapper” (lovely sci-fi trip with amazing claymation art), “The Witness” (a masterclass in game design) and “Knytt Underground” (just pure gorgeous.)

5 Likes

Highly recommend Factorio, and The Witness. Two of my favourite games in the last decade by a lot. Also, I’m currently playing Disco Elysium, great writing and worldbuilding, check it out too!

7 Likes

just downloading American Fugitive on Switch as I type. looks mint. I have a hankering for some handheld Isometric-view adventure / stealth / shooters :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

There was recently a free weekend for Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, which I tried out and then bought.
That game is absolutely beautiful, you can even go on virtual guided tours of (Classical Era) Ancient Greece.
They shifted the gameplay to more RPG-inspired elements and I can tell I’m going to sink hours upon hours into it.

5 Likes

Braid
Baba is You
Recursed

• puzzle games that uniquely and deeply explore an interesting mechanic, a la Portal

Any Zachtronics games

• basically game-ified programming

Celeste
The End is Nigh

• tough-as-nails platformers with excellent level design (though Celeste isn’t purely difficult for the sake of being difficult, definitely a more accessible game)

• rythmic (140bpm…) minimalist platformer, awesome soundtrack
2 Likes

Faster Than Light (FTL)
Path of Exile
Hyper Lite Drifter
Rim World
Darkest Dungeon
Project Zomboid
Enter The Gungeon
Max Payne 3
X-COM (Original)
Prison Architect
Salt and Sanctuary
Dungeon of the Endless
Stardew Valley

7 Likes

Fez!

9 Likes

( also some PS4 games might end up here or console )
Every last got damn Metal Gear game (Hideo Kojima you legend ! )
Flashback
Another world
Elder scrolls 2 Daggerfall
Elder scrolls 3 Morrowind
Elder scrolls 4 Oblivion
Wasteland 1 and 2 ( original dev team for fallout 1/2)
Fallout 1/2/3 and Fallout new Vegas
Ultima online / Ultima rpg game series
The Witcher 1/2/3
Demon souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Dark souls 1/2/3
All from software games
The Surge 1/2
Gary’s Mod
Resident Evil 0/1/2/3/code Veronica/4/5/6/7 biohazard/ re 2 remake/ revelations 1/2
Any survival horror game /
The last of us
Outlast
Amnesia
Dying light
Silent hill series
too bad Death Stranding isn’t on PC . Ps4 for the win :wink:
Alien isolation
Soma
Until Dawn
Prey (Bethesda)
/
Final fantasy everything
Doom 1/2/3 and the new ones
Good Gundam games
Armored core series
Shadow of the colossus / Ico
The outer worlds
Tom Clancy’s the divison 1/2
Batman Arkham series
Borderlands 1/2/3 and the presequel
Monster hunter series monster hunter world
Darksiders series , new darksiders Genesis is 2 player couch co op or online
Diablo 1/2/3 ( 2 is the best fight me )
Divinity: original sin 1/2
Devil may cry 1/2/3/4/5 (3 special edition is the best)
ELEX

Edit : watch out for my retro game list! Lol :joy:

7 Likes

you’re Fez mad you are :smile:

(I love fez)

3 Likes

Yeah and the person who did the soundtrack disasterpiece used to be a chiptune musician . Lol he explained that he made that soundtrack with the Massive VST tho must be subtractive synthesis.

2 Likes

disasterpiece is great.
that fez soundtrack is :kissing_heart::ok_hand:t4:

3 Likes

A game I seem to come back to often is Devil Daggers it is like a mix of all the classic things I love about arcade games and early pc shooters. Its hard though. Legend of grimrock 2 and Samorost 3 are a couple of other very PC games that I thought were pretty cool and not too spendy, good for someone getting back into gaming perhaps. Cave Story is a really great game.

Personally love the dark souls games and fighting games like tekken7 but not sure if they are easy recommendations unless you already know you like that sort of thing.

worth checking out the epic games store currently they are giving away the stanley parable and watch dogs… and they are pretty much always handing out some free games.

3 Likes