Companion gear for Digitakt

How about iOS apps? Anyone have any good apps for:

1. time stretching/pitch shifting
  2. determining key of sample
  3. chopping samples before feeding to Digitakt?

Preferably apps would have Dropbox support.

BeatMaker3 coming soon

1 Like

Finally! High hopes for this one.

I was thinking about a Preen FM as it has some multitimbral functionality to take immediate advantage of multiple midi tracksā€¦ but currently Iā€™ve be controlling a roland SC-88 which is rad and a microgranny because why not have an actual granular sampler hooked in. The microgranny2 is actually amazing to control with the midi CC changing perstepā€¦ Iā€™m getting some birds tweeting at new funky extremes.

Tb03 is tempting, acid bassline goodness

2 Likes

Maybe another digitakt is the best companion and a little dj mixer in between :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m considering a Heat, to sequence and automate its effects with the Digitakt sequencer.

4 Likes

This:

also using Vermona Mono Lancet 15, Volca FM and Tx81z with it

5 Likes

Volca + Roland Boutique.
E.g. FM and JX-03 in my case :smiley:

But OP1 is also much fun, and gives you one more octave with its keyboard = better chords :slight_smile:

Oh! And I almost forgot : AHeat is the perfect sister !!!

3 Likes

Now weā€™re talking.

You got a Heat paired to the DT? How do you use it?

Op1 + DT sounds like fun :slight_smile: Does Op1 need a USB host midi box or run straight from the DT USB? Using Op1 Endless and Arpeggio with DT would be sweet :slight_smile:

Yes you need a USB host, @Callofthevoid.

@andreasroman so far I use it very simply, I love the sound.
AH is really fun on drums, auto envelope is a very nice tool for these.

Messing with AH CC is where it should become serious :smile:
Still on my todo list !!!

2 Likes

I was planning on using the Midi tracks on the DT to sequence the Heatā€™s effects, to use the Heat to create additional sound design depths in real time on the tracks. Wouldnā€™t that be something? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed !!

Speaking of which, the SP-404 is a great companion for the DT. Iā€™ve tried using mine and controlling it via the DTā€™s MIDI tracks (instead of using the SPā€™s internal sequencer). It gives you like 6 extra voices of stereo samples and some great effects as well. Pretty sweet for a compact performance setup :smile_cat:

Tried uploading a snippet of how they sound together but it seems to stop at 20%, not sure why :confused:

13 Likes

Yup great combo :+1:

8 Likes

I will be adding a Roland SE-02 and a keystep to my DT. I was eyeing the Sub 37 but the SE-02 looks very promising, it should be a nice combo.

Iā€™m also looking at adding an MPC Live, mostly for chopping long samples and DAW duties. Do you think itā€™s overkill?

2 Likes

Nice. Iā€™d love a similar set up just canā€™t afford it. with MPC live costing Ā£999 Iā€™d say you money would be better spent/saved elsewhere if itā€™s mainly for longer sampling?

Already got the Live, very happy with my current setup!

1 Like

What app or utility do you use for field recording using the iphone? Also, do you use an external mic, or the built-in?