Companion gear for Digitakt

I’ve used the built in.

Tascam PCM Rec MK2, with UX by the great Chris Randall of Audio Damage, is my iOS recorder app of choice, though it looks like it might not be available in the app store anymore.
Records .wav

1 Like

could you tell sth about how the volca fm sounds compared to the Tx81z,
how do you feel about it,
do you got preferences… ?
greetings

I got my Digitakt a little over a week ago, but didn’t have much time to spend with it until this week, during which time I have enjoyed sequencing the Volca FM, Eventide GTR4000, Roland MKS-80. I also made a quick video of my first attempt to use Digitakt to control Kyma:

1 Like

I do this already. Freaking awesome!

Pretty much anything works awesome in the dt.
My favorites so far with digitakt are mduw, OT, and pulse2. I haven’t gotten to mess with the drumbrute in the digitakt. But digitakt sequencing the analog heat can really get crazy.

They sound quite different. Volca has 6 operators and sine waves only, tx81z has 4 operators but different wave shapes. Tx81z sounds dirtier but not in a bad way. Although i still use it as a presets machine - editing patches isn’t a pain in the ass and Volca is much more user-friendly in this regard.

would this change if you had one of these fancy Synth Controllers?

They would cost more than the unit itself :slight_smile: I got it for around ~60 usd.
I’m planning to try using an iPad for this purpose some day and see how it handles the task.

But tbh I have no issues with using just presets on it, it has a decent amount source sounds for sampling and processing, considering the variations in timbre depending on velocity. And sometimes I run it through the low-pass filter on Korg Monotron (MS-20 filter i believe)

1 Like

I can’t decide on the Egoist, convince me on the bass front…
I’m looking for a MPC Live companion, to play with my most beloved Nave and Attack…

Have you tried the SP-303 fx on the digitakt’s outs? That’s gotta be a source for some interesting things from the digitakt.

1 Like

A friend sold me his microKorg for $75!! This is a super set up. Always wanted a mK but never bought one. It’s like a big op-1 in terms of getting crazy stuff quickly.

7 Likes

THIS

PLUS THIS

PLUS THIS

6 Likes

Is the 0-coast really that good? I might have to consider getting one.

1 Like

I’m selling or trading mine, it sounds awesome, but I just can’t find a way to use it in my regular setup…

The 0-Coast is a great machine for having fun. It is wild and unpredictable. And it works well with digitakt with additional shaping of digitakt lfo via the miniature maths-section on it. However, it has a distinct sound that is suited for certain genres and not others. This distinctness is both its strength and weakness. Watch tutorials and see if you like the sound before buy.

Hmm… I just started thinking of getting the roland system-1m as a companion for the digitakt… would let you midi cc control any of the main controls and you would have access to some really neat osc types like vowel and some fm stuff that is kind of only around in the digital realm. It also does some very nice virtual analog as well. You then also have the ability to mix in patch cables in the mono mode. Seems like it could be a powerful and wild set up in many ways. Its small and light so you could easily put both in a back pack if you were going to a gig and not have to lug around too much. The only downside as I wonder if roland has given up on supporting the plug out section of it… really no reason it shouldn’t have all the boutiques in there other than the SE-02 and the SH-101 plug really should be updated to get the 4 note poly option like the new boutique. Any one who has one try this out? Has roland abandoned the system-1 stuff? I guess another plus is it isn’t quite as hideous as the regular system-1 :happy:

1 Like

Hi!
My Digitakt has been delivered a few weeks ago and I really love to have a modern and functional sampler/sequencer as I was only using my mpc 2kxl the past years.
The only synth I bought years ago is the vermona mono lancet which is so nice soundwise but somehow I would love to have a third OSC on it. Additionally, with the DT next to it I miss the ability of plocking its parameters and to use the DTs LFOs (no midi cc implementation for ML sound parameters)

My plan to work this out:

• Buying the ML modular dock and the vermona unicycle OSC + a cheap modular case (no experience with eurorack yet)
  • connecting modular dock’s cv pitch out to unicycle pitch in and unicycle’s waves out to the filter input of the modular dock
  • using my keystep as a midi-to-cv converter
  • sequencing the ML with DTs midi track 9
  • sending note and modulation wheel data on DTs track 10 to the keystep which converts it to cv and sends it to the modular dock or unicycle module; thereby modulating mono lancets parameter.

Would this be working?
Do I need an extra ENV/gate or vca module for the unicycle to make my lovley ML a three OSC synth?
Thank you in advance! I read elektronauts every day and it really helps me getting deeper into synthesis!

1 Like

this thread is super similar to the digitakt setup thread, maybe they should be merged.

that being said. over the weekend i used my digitakt to sequence my monomachine in poly mode. It was the first time using poly mode and it was amazing. lush monomachine poly pads with parameters p-locked and conditional trigs is my new happy place

5 Likes

mnm polyphonic is a complete win

i should have used polyphonic a lot more before selling the unit.

1 Like

7 Likes

You are the Midi Controller Wizard

3 Likes