A Digitatk convert looking for a budget setup

I’m with you on m that, I don’t use the software just stand alone unit, so not had any issues with it, but yeah I will help you make your mind up ( even if it is a contradiction on my last post) GET THE DIGITAKT, go go go!

2 Likes

Another vote for a Blofeld here. They can be had pretty cheap brand new (350 euro at Bax) and give you a lot of milage. From pads to drums and leads, it can do it all and sound amazing doing it.

1 Like

nobodies said it yet so i’ll chime in with the micromonsta, versatile little synth and would leave you some (not much) change for a pedal

3 Likes

While I agree, the encoders on the blofeld :-1:

Just the Digitakt. Get to know that first, and then feel what’s missing. Might be that you’re good with just the Digi.

6 Likes

It’s good reflex to search the existing threads to find answers :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with them. They were improved with later models of the synth.

Thanks! The Micromonsta looks to be the perfect synth for me. Small & compact and an absolute beast! I’ve got the Digi on Pre-Order and may take the hit with the MM also. Is it easy to hook up so they both play nicely?

yes

1 Like

If budget is really your primary concern get a Y cable to sample from your phone/tablet and you’re all set. Even with free apps there’s tons of stuff you can sample into your DT or sequence via Midi (for which you’d have to spend a few quid more to get a USB-Midi cable and possibly an adapter).

2 Likes

I have the micromonsta little brother for sale the audiothingies p6 on eBay, lemond43

1 Like

Ohh nice! I’d literally just search Ebay for ‘P6 Syth’ but nothing came up.

Do user search for lemond43 and look at items

1 Like

Link

1 Like

Got it cheers. I won’t ask you what the difference is between the P6 and the newer MM i’ll do some reading up tonight. Are there any Youtube video’s that’ll help me realise it’s potential? I’ve literally only just jumped on audiothingies today so it’s all new to me! Just a couple of days ago I was pretty decided on Volca’s unbeknown such beasts existed!

Loving the black and blue look on this!

It has the blue LEDs, look smarter and easier on the eyes, a fair few you tube vids out there, I just don’t use it as have the virus, so most is done with that.

I’m gonna say get an ipad + small midi controller and a midi box. Nave App + some other stuff.
You will have sampling heaven for Digitakt.

On the other hand if you are in the process of building a studio then Live would be a great starting point as it can do so much more then Digitakt.

1 Like

I just had to re-read that 3 times. I though you said you don’t use it as it has a virus at first. :fearful: haha

2 Likes