Coming up with a name

yes, although it would be difficult to pronounce in a club when spruiking the act to a program manager if there is any loud noise nearby.

depending on the level of awkwardness, the scenario might resemble Monty Python’s Cheese Shop sketch, or The Argument.

1 Like

mostly do dark ambient and some hip-hop/idm oriented stuff. tea & grief fits for the dark ambient definitely.

1 Like

these are all terrible, terrible names lol

1 Like

lol that’s hilarious … where did you get your name, a 1970’s movie? :smiley:

1 Like

I fu*ks with the name previewlounge

Naut In My Name
Reelove
Volage
Monate
Purplex
Galante
Gratitude
Dualien

Thunderous Cock of Justice.

3 Likes

Each time i read th3 user s name virtual flannel with the avatar pic it makes me smile

1 Like

virtual flannel is a very cool name, looks better uncapitalised.
whereas TrabanT is fabulous with the matching dual pillars of the capital T.

1 Like

maybe just go with previewlounge.
benefit: no thinking or existentially unwarranted soul searching required.

2 Likes

I perfomed with the Cozmic Monkee Circus Onsambal for a few years… Early 20’s, too high to see the ground… :sweat_smile:
There were four of us and one day we just decided we’d each write a word on piece of paper and no matter what those words would be the name…
For a few months played some shows as Lalai Dama and the Undewater Lama Contingency…
Then there was the Neptune Creation Circus, at every show a sock pupet with a crazy voice introduced us by saying “I’m Nep, and these are my tunes”… :ecstatic:
One of my favorites was a house party were we performed one time only as the Splarnched Tenticles, we even made a sign…

1 Like

names on paper is a cool idea.

i might try that with about 21 names written down over two months, about three words each week, with the lucky five winners selected by the new year.

Digitraktor was an inspired name from another thread lol.
Except i don’t use Traktor, so it might be more an enjoyable play on words rather than a particularly relevant abstract description.

Our mantra was our name backwards, only using ancient syllables…
“Labmasno Sucric Eeknom Cimzoc” :sweat_smile:
The bass player and I were in our home town for the holidays, and we randomly ended up at a party we just walked into from the street. They played a game and gave everybody a piece of paper and we were told to write something on it, I wrote the mantra…
The papers were shuffled and randomly handed back to everyone and we were told to draw a picture based on the words…
When I got mine back it had an ape-man on it!

1 Like

that’s a very strange band story Mike :slight_smile:

1 Like

probably i’m just old, but i can’t keep up with all the genres and sub genres.

1 Like

techno mixed with house in a manner somewhat different to acid house, would thus be called Tech House.

Deep House has river-like subsonic basslines. Mixed with Tech House, the genre is referred to as Deep Tech.

I call that the Russian doll effect or niche in nails :joy:
I must be old too …

1 Like

Made a thread ages ago

Why did yiu pick your name or hkw old are you and where are you from

Also

Never change your Avatar
Never chanying names
I d suggest neve4 change the name… But that’s just me …

I known you as preview lounge and have that nice picture associated with it.

To me this is a cozy place where underground audio is bring shown to a selected eliteria audience. It’s preview audio so very new and special.

6ou
You made those association in my head by combination of picture and name.

Keep that in mind

Not easy to accomplish

On mobile
Thanks for compliment on my name.

previewlounge it is then lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I glanced as this list and read the first entry as “Oxdriven Fart”