Coming up with a name

yes - and “being is becoming” … to talk about the process or about the quality of ideas along the way to somewhere makes the journey all the more pleasant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah yes, not so much meaning in the name allowing freedom of interpretation, very cool

More name ideas although i find it difficult to find usable ambiguous names… shall practise …

Mechanical Contraption, Groovy Movie, Silken Alien Goddess, Aishom, Registry, Amusement, Amazement, Mango Tree, Art Maze

1 Like

I like Art Maze best, followed by Amusement

1 Like

Art Maze was an afterthought but yes also is current fave

Digital Ohm is an anagram of my real name :slight_smile: …that doesn’t always work though, some of my friends tried it and came out with stuff like Jerwk Hooch…

Prior to stumbling onto the anagram I tried a few different names. One project that started out as a modular based group is called Signals for Starships but as the group evolved the name doesn’t seem to fit anymore :frowning: (we ended up being on industrial bills so it just seems out of place).

I definitely understand the plight…how do some of these people come up with completely badass names that seem so fitting lol.

1 Like

Best stage names are the ones given by the people themselves. For me, if I think about it, never works. But a name given by the crowd is more in tune and at home with the public.

Ill green was given to me, I used to be Murky Waters but the people have spoken :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer the naming patterns of Mogwai- where it’s a really relaxed and entertaining title for something that’s really emotionally charged. It provides a nice balance.

I kinda just alpha-state my song titles. I don’t want to think too much about them- a name or phrase just pops into my head and I go with that. If nothing does I go Aphex with my naming pattern and just put some work related details as the track name

2 Likes

i do like the idea of Amusement … as in, A muse meant to be … or something…

very cool … she’s amazing, brilliant artist and a spanking bod.

found one of her works just then and it is quite similar to something i’m working on tonight.

well it isn’t really upon reflection but anyway … yes i thought nano-segments of gel pen artwork arranged on a table could be relevant promo material for the Art Maze title idea.

1 Like

often very appropriate.

In a way, I feel a little guilty about it- on account that Aphex and people like him do it- and I feel like it makes me seem like I know what I’m doing- when I don’t know much(but I know I love you-ou-ou)

1 Like

talking of equipment … Juno Reactor is a producer’s name … actually he came up with a great name for a tech/trance record, “Bible of Dreams”

Sirius Sounds is a cool record name by Children Of The Bong referencing equipment used to create the audio.

Hmmm how about Digitakt of Dreams :smiley:

another idea: Audio Hologram

or just going with the one-word sentiment… Hologram.

At that point I’m ready to start making up words. Off the top of my head:

Burdgemidden

sonic marmelade? :relaxed: :grin:

1 Like

Oh la foo foo Che ale qua(Che qua)

Monkey spadge

Paper-Mache Long-Barrow

I am loving this thread, coming up with a band name is a weird process. Track titles are always take me time to come up with too.
Are you not releasing tunes under a moniker currently?
I release stuff as tea & grief, and at one point I was going by cellular discharge. I prefer a two word stage name.

okay now i think this has gone too far :smiley:

how about i just release tracks using other members’ performance titles when they aren’t using them, as a statement of community support ,

haha no just being abstract.

released a couple of audiovisual track installation things over the years not much though, as i-clan, previewlounge, and supergeek from the B-Boy Mixers.

i thought maybe calling myself the B-Boy Mixer, without the other members, although that is a bit lonely.

Stereo Electric Mistress is a funky sounding

guitar pedal, also the initials vaguely refer to Synthesis Expander Module :fleur-de-lis:

also it could refer to a love affair with two … items.

The Machinedrum and the Digitakt, and they are the two drum machines that are to be performed with, so, being two of them, that would be stereo.

or perhaps more economical with syllables:

Electric Mistress

eclectic mistress :grinning:

3 Likes