Coming soon

I think it’s a mistake to look at features and devices as though they are completely interchangeable. Sure, it’s nice to have some parity and consistency, and to a large degree all Elektron instruments do. However, just because one device has a feature, does not at all mean all of the others have to.

I understand wanting features that one likes on another device. I’d love parameter slides on the Digis for example. If I suddenly get that, I’ll be elated. However, in reality, some devices do some things, others do others.

Put in a suggestion and hope it can be implemented I suppose? If not, the instrument still does what it could do originally, if not more.

2 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to be expecting any more new products but are we expecting any further announcements from Elektron at NAMM? There was some chatter about something to make OT owners happy…?

1 Like

No, there will not be anything more announced at NAMM.

2 Likes

How underwhelming :frowning:

Oh well, at least my wallet is safe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My view precisely

But aren’t OT owner not already happy, because the unveiling of the M:S reminded them (again) how superb the OT actually is? :wink:

8 Likes

Solid reasoning, but I just don’t want that guy to be right :smiley:

2 Likes

…he’s kinda gone quiet. :roll_eyes:

I doubt they knew anything, throw a randon cold read statement out and hope it connects to something, if it does bask in the glory of being someone special/in the know.

3 Likes

Looked that way

Sad to see what Elektron have become. A company that seemingly cynically calculates the precise minimum features for a certain price point, whereas it used to try and provide an embarrassment of riches.

And let’s be frank, they could market an elastic band around a cardboard box, and there would still be hordes of people praising its “focussed and pared down approach” that “forces creativity”. Sometimes Elektron users strike me as a cult in that regard.

And yes, it would be possible to make great music on just that elastic band. But that doesn’t mean it’s fine to sell it for top dollar, especially when the competition are putting out endlessly deep products that are designed to mesh with as many workstreams as possible. The most damning thing is that the likes of Teenage Engineering now make Elektron seem miserly. And that’s a real shame.

4 Likes

I think it will make a good partner to Digitakt–6 extra voices - I do wish it had proper midi din sockets . Midi adapters are sort of messy.Otherwise perfect -Model:Samples has the critical for me inf release setting like DT.

1 Like

Really though? What endlessly deep box can you get for $400?

80 GBP more gets an OP-Z.

2 Likes

Not really comparable boxes though imo

Nope. Nice exaggerated approach to slamming a company that isn’t perfect though. Still they make some cool shit or no one would be here. Some people prefer a limited set to work with and just because another person doesn’t see value in it doesn’t make it illegitimate.

1 Like

I have every Elektron box except for the Monomachine and I couldn’t be more excited for the m:s. I think it looks awesome and really fun. More fun than the other stuff (and I love those machines). I like the direction they’re going.

1 Like

I think I’d definitely have got the new machine if it had battery built in as a portable alternative to my digitakt. I’ll see how big the battery add on is and price.

1 Like

I know…it was obvious dude knew nothing.

Deepens how you define fun